Unmarked police cars in Tulsa…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clear to see who likes a little pineapple on their pizza around here.
giphy.gif

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds as if you will be the first one to the scene of the accident.

While I understand things can change any time, I've been driving professionally for about 30 years and have yet to hit anyone or anything I didn't intend to. The only time I've been hit was sitting at a stop sign when a woman turned directly into me. I watched her make the turn while literally while looking at and digging on the floor in her back seat.

After driving in Europe for about 5 years when I was young I can say that they are just far better at it. Mandatory "real" drivers training, high speeds, and holding drivers accountable for their actions mean people pay FAR more attention and tend to be more courteous.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't read 18 pages - but I understand the need for unmarked police cars, but they should be for crimes not traffic control and general use. I am not saying that because I just don't want to get caught, I am 98% within the laws, occasionally I will speed especially if I go from a fast passed speed limit and enter a slower one, that adjustment time is sometimes not easy. But I pretty much am usually not in a hurry, I am the leave way too early guy (wife hates it). But - the police are there to protect and serve - if you need a cop and they are unmarked, not real helpful.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The small to mid size town police are the worst, I had a cop pull me over for a tag light, I hit it and it came on. I asked if he considered himself a cross between judge dredd and Barney Fife and sang a verse of macho man while he was writing my ticket. His back up came and apologized afterwards, good thing the chief is a retired firefighter like me and the ticket went away.

NEB2021

Marksman
Reaction score
the police are there to protect and serve - if you need a cop and they are unmarked, not real helpful.
The problem with that is per the SCOTUS, they have no obligation to protect or serve anyone who is not in custody. Even if/when they know harm will occur. So we have to pay them and they can choose whether or not they want to "protect" us.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 100% for the City to have 500 unmarked police cars and marked motorcycle cops too.

I am SICK and TIRED of the red light runners, the crazy lane changers, the tailgaters, the drivers who are on their cell phones and talking/texting instead of paying attention, and the ones who brake check people for no reason except for what their silly tiny little minds let them have their temper tantrums and brake check. Flippin' dangerous fools should not have a drivers license.

There need to be boundaries with consequences.

I am AGAINST chasing people down for little tiny piddly things, let's use some common sense.

If the unmarked cars and more marked motorcycle cops would just get rid of the red light runners I'd be thrilled. The rest are icing on the cake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom