Uzi, awesome gun or novelty???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought they were cool and as a child of the 80's how could you not want one. I found a Vector that is in good shape for a decent price, mags are dirt cheap and can be made to use with my 9mm AR. Of all the guns I've shot, I've never shot an Uzi. Are they accurate and reliable?

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never heard/read one way or another about accuracy. Reliability is legendary. My guess is you'd be looking at 3 to 5 inches at 100yds. Crumby stock, crumby sights don't lend to sniper work. It's meant to snap up quickly to waist or rib cage height and whale on things 10 to 50 feet away.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They sure ain't meant for 100 yard work....I had to qual on one many moons ago and it was actually fun to shoot. Once you got the hang of it it was pretty easy to hammer a CQB target at 10 yards. LOL.

I vote 'awesome' just for the historical factor...but pistol subs are sooo 80's!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fun gun, but not one I'd grab for serious defense work. Probably the best FA in 9mm on a budget is one of the M-11's with all the modern upgrades. If you really want a useable FA with some teeth (on a budget), step up to an AC-556.

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lets go ahead and say they arent accurate in the right hands. you can watch ol whats his face vickers bang away at a hundred with an uzi on youtube. the USSS used them for many moons and i think they got a little more than satellite dish accuracy in CQuarters situations.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE mine. It's very accurate for a 80's weapon. NEVER had a single failure, looks cool as Heck and with a 40 round mag in it, well it's no joke.

Mine is a real IMI Model A and if SHTF, it is literally the gun I'd take over any AR or Pistol. Not to mention, with the short threaded barrel and Trident, it's pretty dang quiet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom