Video: Why I am seriously considering NOT renewing my carry permit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and I had a conversation along this subject line. We agreed, that anything the left could deem subversive (any alphabet soup governmental agency) should only be sent via snail mail. All electronic mediums are being monitored and stored.
And with the addition of high-tech what makes you believe that even 'snail mail' isn't being scanned for content? I suspect that even the pattern printed on 'privacy' type envelopes is done is such a way as to allow the envelope contents to be viewed by readers designed specifically for that purpose.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having a Oklahoma carry permit in Oklahoma or any other state doesn't mean you have a firearm, or even owned a firearm, It doesn't mean you bought one through an ffl or private purchase later on. What in the hell is he saying at 1:36 in the video.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having a Oklahoma carry permit in Oklahoma or any other state doesn't mean you have a firearm, or even owned a firearm, It doesn't mean you bought one through an ffl or private purchase later on. What in the hell is he saying at 1:36 in the video.
Sure, but how many are going to go through the process of getting a carry permit if they do not own, plan to own, or plan to carry a gun? .Gov isn't stupid (well, you know what I mean) and can figure-out that most, if not all, people with a carry permit do have at least one carry type firearm.
A simple cross-check of the permit information with the 4473 information gives them a LOT of data on a person and the type of weapon they carry.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure, but how many are going to go through the process of getting a carry permit if they do not own, plan to own, or plan to carry a gun? .Gov isn't stupid (well, you know what I mean) and can figure-out that most, if not all, people with a carry permit do have at least one carry type firearm.
A simple cross-check of the permit information with the 4473 information gives them a LOT of data on a person and the type of weapon they carry.
I know of some that have and do not have, own, or ever owned a firearm. LE are trained to understand this. Just as LE being trained that you may produce a firearm NO Matter your carry status. Again permit status and 4473 doesn't mean you have or own a firearm.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I do not like the idea of anyone knowing I have something or could have something or even familiar with something like a gun. However there is something I do like about NICs checks and CCW Permits (1 thing). It shows the powers that be and anti gun groups that we are out there in large numbers and more than likely we vote.

Only time the permit has posed an issue for me I was speeding, doing 20 over and got pulled over. The police asked me for my ID, gave them my drivers license, permit, registration and Insurance. They asked me to step out of the car and hand them my firearm. I explained it had a round in the chamber and would be slowly handing it to them from my jacket holster butt first. After sitting in my car the officer came back, handed me my gun and a ticket for 10 over and suggested I get a real holster and slow down.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I do not like the idea of anyone knowing I have something or could have something or even familiar with something like a gun. However there is something I do like about NICs checks and CCW Permits (1 thing). It shows the powers that be and anti gun groups that we are out there in large numbers and more than likely we vote.

Only time the permit has posed an issue for me I was speeding, doing 20 over and got pulled over. The police asked me for my ID, gave them my drivers license, permit, registration and Insurance. They asked me to step out of the car and hand them my firearm. I explained it had a round in the chamber and would be slowly handing it to them from my jacket holster butt first. After sitting in my car the officer came back, handed me my gun and a ticket for 10 over and suggested I get a real holster and slow down.
Just my opinion on this. Next LE asks for your ID. Just give them your ID. If they ask of anything else provide that. Your weren't following directions. It's a test. Maybe next time you may not have even got a ticket. LOL

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just my opinion on this. Next LE asks for your ID. Just give them your ID. If they ask of anything else provide that. Your weren't following directions. It's a test. Maybe next time you may not have even got a ticket. LOL
Few years back, think he asked for everything but memories fade . At that time they weren't taking kindly to 90 in a 70 mph zone.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than OTPs, best course of action is to establish a subtext between you and the individuals you want to communicate with. You can use electronic communication all day if the message is seemingly clear to an outsider. The message has a different meaning only to those that know the subtext established face to face at a prior point. Essentially, the real message rides the normal method of communication and it's normalcy obfuscates your true meaning.

Snail mail is no more secure than any other communication channel. Your perceived threat level to an agency determines the level of scrutiny you're under. Staying off the radar as much as possible is always good.
Alas Babylon!

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not an option for me. With my carry insurance and as much as I travel, I have to have it. I fly under the radar on the highway and have only been stopped twice in the 10 years I've lived here. Both times were good interactions and I clearly deserved more than the verbal I received both times lol. That doesn't mean I won't run into a ****ing tool with a piece of steel on their chest (we all know those and I won't call them a cop) and get a gun in my ear.
I too travel a lot. That’s why I keep mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom