Weekend getaway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weve been to Greenleaf and liked it but our usual close by weekend getaway from the house for a few days trip is to Tenkiller to stay in a nice cabin. We love that place.

Im looking forward to a couple of 4 day weekend getaway trips down to Galveston Island this summer. Not going to call them vacations, I like 'weekend getaway'. Vacation isnt coming until September this year.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there anything to do there with kids?

Or better question, is there any of the places suggested so far that are really kid friendly?

Deposit of 50% of your reservation cost is necessary to hold your cottage except Holidays in which full payments are required
Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE; however if cancelled within 30 days may be changed to another date within 3 months of original reservation
Reservations will be confirmed by mail or e-mail
Firewood available in season (October 1st – April 15th)
Accommodations are for couples only
Only Porch Smoking allowed. A $200 extra charge will be billed to your balance for failure to comply
10% off all Repeat Visitors; ONLY one discount special per visit
Check – in Time: 2:00 p.m.
Check – out Time: 11:00 a.m. Late departures after 11:00 am may be arranged with prior approval from management. An additional $25 fee will be charged to your credit card if we are able to arrange this service for you without scheduling conflicts.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just the wife and I.

The best kind of getaway, I cant wait for one of those. No offense to those with kids- I have 3 daughters 21 to 25, a 20 yr old son, a 23 yr old stepdaughter, and the last kid is graduating HS next month. We took our kids on lots of great vacations- but I am looking forward to the next stage in life: just the wife and I trips. Board the dogs while we're gone or have the college kid house sit.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best kind of getaway, I cant wait for one of those. No offense to those with kids- I have 3 daughters 21 to 25, a 20 yr old son, a 23 yr old stepdaughter, and the last kid is graduating HS next month. We took our kids on lots of great vacations- but I am looking forward to the next stage in life: just the wife and I trips. Board the dogs while we're gone or have the college kid house sit.

Oh dear lord, I do too. My kids are only 6 & 2, so I can only imagine the anticipation by the time they reach that age!

My family is wanting to do something along these lines as well at the end of may, except we will have kids, grandparents, etc, etc. I've been checking every link posted, lots of viable options I didn't even know we had that close to us. Most do look more appealing without kids though, ha!

Latest posts

Top Bottom