Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking these are neighbors dogs that are left to roam.
If you can, find out the neighbors and let them know their dogs are running deer in your area. Be cool about it. Hopefully they will work with you.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a pretty bad shot a pretty good sized doe. Heres the story. There were two does standing parallel to each other eating out of a pile of corn. I decided to take the one closest to me and as I made the shot she string jumped and I ended up hitting the one second one in the gut :( I had to walk out and hopefully I can find her in the morning.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking these are neighbors dogs that are left to roam.
If you can, find out the neighbors and let them know their dogs are running deer in your area. Be cool about it. Hopefully they will work with you.

Dennis,
I am suspecting you are correct.... There is a new dwelling directly across the section line road to the south which is about 400 yards as the crow flies from the ladder stand I was in. I am hoping it is not them but if so, can't do anything but try to talk to them about it.... they have been there 6-8 months and we have never seen these dogs or gotten pics on the trail cameras that stay out all year so who knows.

APeterson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took Game Cameras down on Tuesday. Have had the same 3-4 Bucks patrolling the area like clockwork. Unfortunately, they did not present themselves today.
I did see a few Does this morning. Decided to hunt this afternoon and around 7:00 P.M. had a nice Mature Doe about 20-30 Yards. After about 15 Minutes of watching her I decided I needed to take a shot before we lost the light. Well I left my range finder in the truck and was unsure of the exact distance. Well it was a few inches high and she jumped the string. No Dice. Hopefully the crew will be back in the morning.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis,
I am suspecting you are correct.... There is a new dwelling directly across the section line road to the south which is about 400 yards as the crow flies from the ladder stand I was in. I am hoping it is not them but if so, can't do anything but try to talk to them about it.... they have been there 6-8 months and we have never seen these dogs or gotten pics on the trail cameras that stay out all year so who knows.

You talk like me. :D

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw several deer today. No shooter bucks, too early to shoot any does, for me anyway.

In other news I did shoot 4 cows with my slingshot that were interfering with my hunting bout a half hour before dark today.:angry3:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_DSC036241.jpg

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_DSC036201.jpg

Daughters first deer, passed on some small bucks. We had a blast!

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife went with me this afternoon , so we saw a 4 point about 6 then about 6:35 I shot a nice 7 point .Got it cut up and on ice .My wife tracked the the deer for me ( I'm colored blind ) she done an excellent job . The buck made it about 75 yards the longest I've had one go since using the spitfire broad heads . BACK STRAP TIME !!!

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife went with me this afternoon , so we saw a 4 point about 6 then about 6:35 I shot a nice 7 point .Got it cut up and on ice .My wife tracked the the deer for me ( I'm colored blind ) she done an excellent job . The buck made it about 75 yards the longest I've had one go since using the spitfire broad heads . BACK STRAP TIME !!!

pics or it didn't happen...

Latest posts

Top Bottom