Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
twoclick,we need pics! okie4570, that is a great time in the woods with your dauhter. tell her congratulations.
i went back out last night and had a yearling doe and her fawn come in. they cleaned up some corn and were leaving when the feeder went off again.
i had to sit til past 8 and still educated them getting down. she was way to young to shoot but i thought about it just so could go home!

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone shooting deer yesterday!! Ang good for you passing the small bucks and taking a doe! I went back out yesterday evening and saw tons of deer but nothing with much antler and it is a bit early for me to shoot a doe. I really need some rain!

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry no pic's it was after nine pm when we finally found him ,. By the time I drove home got him hung up in the garage I started skinning and cutting and didn't get any pic's A BIG congrats to okie 4570 that will make you swell with pride ,taking my grandson on his first deer youth hunt , makes you feel good .

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really only got to hunt Saturday morning and this morning...and I've only seen one dinky yearling.

Saturday evening I'm on stand less than an hour when dad texts me that he has hit a big doe. He says he hit her in the shoulder blade and didn't get a pass-thru. He's not finding blood or the arrow, so being the saint of a son I am I abandon my post and sacrifice my opening evening hunt to aid the old man in his doe recovery.

I walk up and find 2 good-sized drops of blood immediately. Bang, now I'm all confident thinking I'll trail this deer down like a human bloodhound. Only there was no more blood to be found. After fruitless searching of the immediate are we decide to head out of the woods and into the small field where she ran in hopes to find the arrow that she ran off carrying. Shortly thereafter I return to the shot spot to look for blood one last time before losing light while he continues grid searching. I look down at my phone to check the time and see a missed call from dad. He walked through one treeline, popped through a brushy creek and saw her piled up about 10 yards across said creek. I couldn't believe it. She was maybe 90yds as the crow flies from the shot spot.

We never did find the arrow. Backtracked heavy blood about 30 yds from where we found her and then it dried up to nothing. He hit her way forward, right through the shoulder blade. It got at least one lung and prolly a bit of heart and/or arteries. He got really, really lucky to find her considering the terrain. A pass-thru makes all the difference in the world as far as blood trailing goes. Good sized old doe for our area - about 95lbs.

No pics, but it looks exactly like a dead doe.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was not hunting but 1st chance to put up a new stand and corn in the feeder. Saw a nice buck about 6:00 p.m. walking leasurly through a large pasture. I could not count the points but the rack was tall and wide - largest buck i have ever seen on the property.

It appears that the neighbor has put in a food plot. I cannot put one in because my cousin runs cattle on the property. I cannot tell what the food plot is but we saw two deer so i am thinking it is pulling them in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom