What a great boss I am.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perfect storm in my office and several key staff are gone today. This included the receptionist. Temp agency sent a person over that was not going to work out. Nope.....No way.
So. Being the wonderful person I am (IMO), I have been manning the reception desk till noon. The following things I have learned in the two hours I've been working the desk:
1. People are rude as hell.
2. Receptionist work their butts off.
3. I have no idea what the three buttons on the top left and bottom right of the phone do, but they are vital in the day to day operations of this office.
4. That temp is looking better and better every minute.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say do what my old boss would do. Don't answer the phone. But then again. Anyone he wanted to speak to already had his cell # so he could care less.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a manager and leader I learned years ago that no matter how important and proficient you think you are...The administrative assistant runs the show and is responsible for 80% of everything that gets accomplished. You are just a tool they use to achieve it.

Second thing I learned, if you want something done in another department...Make friends with the admin.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy has a construction company...for Christmas one year he bought each employee an AR-15 as an additional bonus.....now that's the kind of boss I want.....

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
L
As a manager and leader I learned years ago that no matter how important and proficient you think you are...The administrative assistant runs the show and is responsible for 80% of everything that gets accomplished. You are just a tool they use to achieve it.

Second thing I learned, if you want something done in another department...Make friends with the admin.
I appreciate our staff. I always say, "you guys do the work and we get the credit" but I make sure that they know how much they are valued.
After 30 years in management, I can honestly say, I don't ask anyone to do anything, I won't do and haven't done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom