What did you do at college?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you do in college? Homework or partying?

• I was boring, I studied 100% of the time

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I did other extracurricular activites besides drinking

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • I was a jock. I mainly sweated.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Little of both, I learned to do my homework drunk

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • What's studying? Is that a drinking game?

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • What's college?

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • I'm a Muslim, I learned how to attack the US by studying here.

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent most of my college days drinking and playing video games. I was always able to help pay for college by doing workstudy programs or getting a part time job that paid very well. I found out quickly even in junior high that without trying I was a B student. I didn't have to study, could sleep in class and make straight B's. If I got a C or a D, it was because the teacher assigned a bunch a busy work as homework and weighted homework grades high. Since I never did any homework, these never got done hah. It just wasn't worth it to put in any effort to try and get A's when I can do nothing and get B's.

This pretty much carried over into college. However, I made far better grades in college once I got past the general ed and started taking courses into my major. No BS busy work and the stuff I was doing and learning was relevant to my interests and maintained 4.0 average.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first go round, I flunked out and royally pissed off my dad. Finally got married, grew up a bit, and went back on my dime. It's amazing how much more you pay attention when YOU are writing the checks... Got a BA in Liberal Arts from OU with a 3.8 gpa...

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did just enough studying for decent grades, which was a pretty minimal amount. Good grades were definitely not worth busting tail for. I played some sports, partied some, rode horses lots, made some trouble, and made some good friends during my freshman year. One hot day we put a tarp in the bed of a truck and drove around campus in our "cold tub." Met my husband at the beginning of my sophomore year and got married the next summer. My jr and sr years were pretty uneventful.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I chose 100% boring.
I worked a full time job through Engineering school. Easy grades didn't happen for me. (3.0 GPA and happy with it)
No partying, no sleep, no free time. ...Staying up till 11:00pm-12:00 doing homework on campus.

I could do that in my younger days, but not now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom