What the Ph ?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pho fan here.

I like the one that is pronounced "Boombaway", which has the bloodcake in it.

But my normal order is the steak, fatty steak, brisket, soft tendon and tripe. (Tai Chin Nam Gan Sach) <- Sorry I dont spell in Vietnamese too well.

My usual places are Pho Hoa on 23rd and Pho Heiu on Reno and Mustang.

I just started going there. Awesome noodles and the people are fantastic. When it's cold out this winter, i'll probably be there for lunch!

Okie

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I lived in Garden City KS a Vietnamese friend of mine used to invite me over to his house for dinner and they would serve Pho. His mom was old as dirt and holy crow could she cook. I would hurt myself:bowdown:

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup...a pox on the OP's house. The wife and I are full-blown addicted to this stuff now. One day last week, I actually ate an XL bowl while waiting for my to-go orders. That's just wrong.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just started going there. Awesome noodles and the people are fantastic. When it's cold out this winter, i'll probably be there for lunch!

Shoot me a PM and let me know. I eat there at least once a week for lunch.

There is also a new Pho house off of 152 about 1/2 mile west of Mustang Rd. Im going to try it out. Pho is cheap and if its bad, no big loss.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there such thing as over Pho'ed?
Last Sunday we were invited to church and lunch by one of my wife's co-workers. We went to the mass at the Vietnamese Catholic church east of 145th on 21st. One thing I got to say about that is, its been a long time since I have been surrounded by so many hot looking women in one place.
The place was packed.
Anyways we got to Mai's house and they served lunch.
Pho and fried Quail.
Her son kept filling the bowls when they got down about halfway.
I thought they were going to have to roll me out to the car I ate so much.
They sent us home with a big container of the stuff and we've been eating it for the last couple days.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
never heard of the stuff until i saw this thread. think i'll stick with hot links and smoked bologna for my daily intake of tripe and tendon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom