When I was 15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At 15, I was driving tractors, combines, and wheat trucks. Really pretty much the same stuff I am still doing. Crazy because now I cannot think of one 15 year old I would trust with a tractor let alone a loaded wheat truck driving around.

Id like to see todays 15y/o's buck square bales all night for .25 cents a ton. Bet they couldnt toss 5.

How bout trusting them to weld a pulling unit together or build a draw works, crown n rod fingers.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bussed tables at Bonanza, spent too much of my earnings on video games and basketball cards but mostly played basketball in EVERY spare moment I had and I do mean every moment. I've never loved any hobby or pastime more than I loved basketball between 14 and 17 years old.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grew up in North FL. At 15 I was loading watermelons and cantaloupes. We would do 7 semi trailers on a good day, and a full load would be right at 48-50k lbs of fruit. To this day I can't stand the smell or taste of watermelon or cantaloupe. The good news was we got $60/trailer cash. Had an 82 F100 that I drove from the fields to home and occasionally swung by my girlfriend's house if her parents weren't home.

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grew up in Daytona Beach. Worked construction/landscaping for my Dad and Uncle in the early part of the day and rode my bike to wash dishes at a seafood restaurant on the beachside at night. When not working for Dad, it was riding to the beach and hanging out with friends.
Also managed to fit in a three week organized bicycle trip to Europe. Rode 700+ miles through Luxembourg, Germany, Holland, Belgium, a small tip of France and back to Luxembourg. Saw some great sites. it was organized by a Church out of Miami and included about 90 teenagers from about 6 different parts of the country. Great Time.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool beans!

Ours was the only one in the area (Van Buren AR), I knew it was a franchise, but never saw another.

we had one in wagoner, one in vinita and some friends had one in bartlesville. small world. Ive never met another taco hut person before. neat. :-) My granny went off the rails because she didn't like the food they were sending so she made her own up LOL they made her give up the name. she gave them a big middle finger and switched the HUT to TU LMAO. Taco Tu

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we had one in wagoner, one in vinita and some friends had one in bartlesville. small world. Ive never met another taco hut person before. neat. :-) My granny went off the rails because she didn't like the food they were sending so she made her own up LOL they made her give up the name. she gave them a big middle finger and switched the HUT to TU LMAO. Taco Tu

We had a taco hut in tahlequah years ago, I'm sure that's where I had my first " Mexican" food, lol.
I didnt realize there were others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't even know where to put it. Came of age real late. Hated the 50s. 60s were better, but really came of age a little too late to miss the sexual revolution.

Next time I'll do better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom