Where's Reddog's bunker?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I may go jump in with him.

Yesterday my credit union's entire computer system was down and they couldn't do a thing. Then last night I thought my TV went out. It didn't. Over the course of an hour I lost 3 good quality surge protectors. I discovered the first one by the internet and TV not working. The receptacle that it was plugged into was live so I just plugged the stuff into that and went back to bed after I threw that surge block in the trash, by the smell of it it was done. No sooner than I lay back down and hear a big boom and the street light on the light pole went out at the same instant. Hmmm... Then I smell it. That burning electrical smell. Come to find out the boom wasn't outside like I thought it was another surge protector in the living room with nothing plugged into it. I notice that the street light had come back on but is flickering and it goes out again then starts right back up. Then the TV goes out again and my good APC surge protector is now smoked. All within an hour. All the house lights are flickering at this point, the TV's won't stay on, the fridge went out and the whole house seems possessed. I unplugged most everything, shut down my computer and turned off the UPS to shut it up because it had tripped a breaker (found that out today). The dog is totally freaked out and panting. Now I'm debating on whether to start dumping my ammo and powder stash out my window along with the contents of my safe. Had the wife call OG&E. They came, didn't find anything wrong. So the bitchy lady says this morning, we never heard or saw anyone checking on anything. I'm going to make damn sure the crew replacing the transformer in the cold, driven snow knows that we tried to tell them before it hit. All seems back to normal at the moment, but I've lost those 3 surge protectors, 2 brand new LED bulbs in the garage, and my computer speakers evidently, because they no longer power on. Nothing wrong my a$$! Either they got something whack or they don't even know they got hacked by ISIS and the Norcos.

:pissed:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think I may go jump in with him.

Yesterday my credit union's entire computer system was down and they couldn't do a thing. Then last night I thought my TV went out. It didn't. Over the course of an hour I lost 3 good quality surge protectors. I discovered the first one by the internet and TV not working. The receptacle that it was plugged into was live so I just plugged the stuff into that and went back to bed after I threw that surge block in the trash, by the smell of it it was done. No sooner than I lay back down and hear a big boom and the street light on the light pole went out at the same instant. Hmmm... Then I smell it. That burning electrical smell. Come to find out the boom wasn't outside like I thought it was another surge protector in the living room with nothing plugged into it. I notice that the street light had come back on but is flickering and it goes out again then starts right back up. Then the TV goes out again and my good APC surge protector is now smoked. All within an hour. All the house lights are flickering at this point, the TV's won't stay on, the fridge went out and the whole house seems possessed. I unplugged most everything, shut down my computer and turned off the UPS to shut it up because it had tripped a breaker (found that out today). The dog is totally freaked out and panting. Now I'm debating on whether to start dumping my ammo and powder stash out my window along with the contents of my safe. Had the wife call OG&E. They came, didn't find anything wrong. So the bitchy lady says this morning, we never heard or saw anyone checking on anything. I'm going to make damn sure the crew replacing the transformer in the cold, driven snow knows that we tried to tell them before it hit. All seems back to normal at the moment, but I've lost those 3 surge protectors, 2 brand new LED bulbs in the garage, and my computer speakers evidently, because they no longer power on. Nothing wrong my a$$! Either they got something whack or they don't even know they got hacked by ISIS and the Norcos.

:pissed:

I had a similar experience a few years ago. Had repeated surges due to bad transformer or something. Lost a TV, a laptop, sound and modem on my home PC and all 3 surge protectors.

Ended up filing a homeowners claim. They paid up no problems.

Now on my new TV my SIL plugged in 2 surge protectors. Dunno if it'll actually work but.....

And I think Reddog1 retired from the forums.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had similar problems to yours. one rent house the high winds caused two lines to touch and sent 220 volt down one leg of the fuse box. fried most everything on that side. the other rent house, fried several things in the house. called PSO they came out said nothing was wrong. but 3 days later the transformer on the pole behind the house blew. they came put up a new transformer and ran new wire to the house. don't remember if the renters were able to file a claim or not.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well we are going to start the claim process Monday. It got a bit breezy I guess because it started up again and fried the $80 Monster block on my LR TV. We called again and they showed up pretty quick. The dude was on the pole and our power was cut off for about an hour, so maybe he fixed it. So far so good.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Similar happened to me a couple years ago. Turned out the breaker/switch at the bottom of the meter box where my underground line is connected was burned on one leg. Weird symptoms when half of the 220 goes away intermittently.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His bunker's are at key locations around Oklahoma. They are equipped with the latest technology, in personal recognition and elimination. There are several levels to each bunker, decontamination, communications, armory, food storage, water supply, entertainment, sports area and some levels not accessible by anyone except him. Access to one of these state of the art bunkers are by invitation only, all others will be eliminated and cleaned up in an environmentally friendly manner.

dasiebe

Marksman
Reaction score
Worse still when the neutral goes away. Then the voltage on the 120v legs depends on how much load there is on each of the legs. Short of a direct lightning strike I can't think of something much worse than an intermittent neutral.

Latest posts

Top Bottom