Which AR is better

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell do you think that with a Colt you could hunt unicorns.....:hypnotize:

Anyways back on topic here. I bought a DPMS A3 Lite from Mark's Firearms. Couldnt be happier with it. In hindsight i kinda wish i had went with the ap4 just for the heavy barrel but other than that no complaints. For optics i have an eotech 512 and love it.

I have already put about 200 rounds through it 120 of that being my first time shooting it with .223 remington umc white box stuff from bass pro and it went through without a hitch. got my hands on some lake city 5.56 62 grain military stuff and i had one case hang up after about 6 rounds then fired another 60 without any problems. now i have some prvi 5.56 62 grain waiting to be put through it. I'll tell you what though i cant get enough of shooting these rifles just way too much fun. either way both will get the job done.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the heavy barrel DPMS and though I haven't shot it all that much it is fun. I'm not picky about ARs though so it's all I need. It puts bullets out of the front of it just fine.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, what would happen when you combine two different factory parts (as long as they are the same cal)? DPMS lower

Colt, Bushmaster, Stag, Olympic Arms uppers?
Nothing possibly or.........

CWLFTMFW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what would happen when you combine two different factory parts (as long as they are the same cal)? DPMS lower

Colt, Bushmaster, Stag, Olympic Arms uppers?
Nothing possibly or.........

Not a dang thing. Mixmatched AR's are everywhere. They are built to a spec and will dance together. Thats why you find a good deal of hybrids out there.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a dang thing. Mixmatched AR's are everywhere. They are built to a spec and will dance together. Thats why you find a good deal of hybrids out there.

I have 2 AR's with parts from Colt, BCM, LMT, KAC, LaRue, Magpul, G&R Tactical, GG&G, YHM, AAC, Bushmaster, SGW and GTS and they both run 100% and have for many years/rounds.