Which of These Grips Do You Like Best?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wood feels better when shooting and I think they look better too.
I know a few guys who tried the thin aluminum and didn't like them.

Well, I appreciate your observation, and as a fellow CZ afficionado, it carries more than a little weight. But I actually like the Aluminums better for carry and for shooting. But the wood grips get the nod when it's time to dress 'er up.

OkieDokie1982

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I appreciate your observation, and as a fellow CZ afficionado, it carries more than a little weight. But I actually like the Aluminums better for carry and for shooting. But the wood grips get the nod when it's time to dress 'er up.

I understand your logic and I do get the function of them while carrying concealed as to slim up the grip as much as possible. As I have only talked to fellow CZ owners about this subject, I take it with a grain of salt... I would rather test them out myself to see if I like them enough to buy them.
I am going to get a little hypocriticall and say I try to look for function especially in my carry rig, but those wood grips just look darn good!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand your logic and I do get the function of them while carrying concealed as to slim up the grip as much as possible. As I have only talked to fellow CZ owners about this subject, I take it with a grain of salt... I would rather test them out myself to see if I like them enough to buy them.
I am going to get a little hypocriticall and say I try to look for function especially in my carry rig, but those wood grips just look darn good!

Yes, they surely do! One other thing for sure; with either set of grips on it; hell, even with the stock plastic buggers, this CZ is not only one of the nicest looking, but one of the finest pistols period that I have ever shot, if not the absolute finest. By the way, UBG Holsters makes a very nice holster that is a perfect fit for the CZ 75 series as well. I have UBG rigs for a couple of other guns I own too; but that's a different topic...

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Design pattern of the aluminum grips have no rhyme or reason to them, besides maybe the backstrap curve being near the same maybe. The wood set hands down. Do they make a aluminum set with just logo and some stippling?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Design pattern of the aluminum grips have no rhyme or reason to them, besides maybe the backstrap curve being near the same maybe. The wood set hands down. Do they make a aluminum set with just logo and some stippling?

Not sure I get what you mean by "no rhyme or reason" ... The aluminum grips are designed to be flat for "better" concelament; they add very little thickness to the grip. For me, they are also very comfortable in the hand for shooting; and I think they look badazz as hell to boot. The woods are a little thicker; but not by much; and have that "refined air" about them as previously posted here. So far, it looks like about a 60/40 vote for the wood grips. Hey, what can I say? I just like having different grips for my guns and every one I have has a couple of options.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot believe it! Four pages of suggestions and discussion over which grips to use and NO ONE has come up with the obvious solution... buy a second CZ then put the wood grips on one and the aluminum grips on the other-swap out as needed/wanted. Problem solved!

Latest posts

Top Bottom