who's eaten horse meat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't (knowingly) eaten horse, although I could've sworn I saw whip marks on a few of the steaks I've eaten. I had a teacher in HS who said he ate horse when he was stationed in Korea (US Army). He said it was like beef was before everybody went corn-fed--if it had been tenderized, it would've been pretty much indistinguishable from beef.

Semi-related--can US processors even process horse? I know we've been trying to legalize it, but, last I heard, we still didn't have any slaughterhouses that would take horses.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to my knowledge or not intentionally. I had a guy from the UK in some chemistry classes in college and he ate it. He must have brought it back from..whereever he was from...London, Livepool, Aberdeen, Belfast...somewhere over there. Anyway, he must have had a "chunk" of it.

He was always slicing off some and making a sandwich with it. He mentioned it was kinda tough and stringy.

No, I never tried it. Yes, I pussied out and refused to eat any.

Rock winters

New to the site!
Reaction score
Not sure about horse, but I have recently started eating Wagyu beef, the same breed used to produce Kobe beef in Japan, and man is it good! And it's higher in healthy fats compared to regular beef. It's great and I would much rather eat wagyu than horse! Anyway there's several places that sell it I like Spammy website removed they have reasonable prices and are located pretty close to me so shippings not bad. It's well worth checking out I think you all would be blown away. You don't think beef can taste that different but this wagyu has a totally unique taste that is out of this world?

Latest posts

Top Bottom