Why So Many Sigs For Sale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love Sig. Have an MPX competition, MPX Copperhead 4.5, Sig P226 Nitron E2. I like my older 226 over the new stuff. The only thing I hate about Sig is they’ll get rid of certain models at the drop of a dime. I’ve sold a ton of them. The worst one was the original 320 that came out and had bad trigger slap. Best handgun ever, Sig P226 X6 PPC. So far it’s the most accurate gun I’ve shot. Nothing else even close.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only have one Sig. P-938 I bought for the wife when she got her CC years ago. At any given time, I can ask her, where is your pistol? Deer in the headlights look.
I love the little gun. Thinking of using it for a pocket gun vs the mouse gun in .380 I carry now. I don't care for glocks. Wrong grip angle for a 1911 guy.

JamesBell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve sold a bunch of Sigs. But that’s because I was an Sig guy back in the day. The old 228, 226, and 220 were DA/SA guns that I loved. Actually managed to shoot a 228 into the ground to the point I didn’t feel it was fair to sell it. But eventually i decided it was time to move to plastic striker guns. I keep buying Glocks and then deciding I don’t really like Glocks (I still have a 45, mostly because I Miller the slide and figure that killed the resale value and the box was destroyed in a house fire.). The only plastic Sig I’ve bought is a 365 and I don’t know why people sell them. Absolutely love the thing. I want a Macro to compliment it. Want a 320 but admit to being a bit worried about them going off without input from the shooter. Outside of that issue I can’t see why people are selling plastic Sigs. But I assume that will eventually hurt my wallet.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned gobs of SIGs. I now only have two. I dislike plastic, striker fired guns but one has called my name several times. That is the P365. They just work for me. I've owned many other brands and wanted to like them. I really wanted to like Glocks but couldn't bring myself to do that. Grip angle and trigger. I have owned several P365s and all were very accurate, light recoiling and never had a malfunction. At 81, I no longer feel like I need a bunch of guns so have sold most off. I have two revolvers which go to my granddaughter and my two SIGs. One goes in the box with me and the other I'm sure I will sell. Can you guess which one will go up for sale?

Attachments

• 20230504_205929.jpg
    20230504_205929.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 0
  • pix623270885.jpg
    pix623270885.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 0

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just pragmatic about Glocks. Not the best gun I've ever owned, not the worst. They're excellent duty guns in terms of capacity and reliability so that's why I chose one for duty carry out of what was authorized.

I did have a G21 Gen 3 that wouldn't function in cold weather. I bought it in the spring one year, weather was warm on qualification day, it functioned perfectly as I expected. Later on that year, during a winter shoot in the cold, it just wouldn't function. The slide would fail to go into battery after every shot. Occasionally it would slowly return almost into battery but not quite. Required a smack on the back of the slide. I didn't use anything other than a few drops of oil as recommended. Gun was clean. It just would not work in cold weather. That was the only problematic Glock I think I've ever had.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing part of it is also Sig keeps doing new stuff...so people get the new Shiney thing (say a 365) then they come out with a newer Shiney thing (say 365XL) so people want that and sell the old one, then they come out with a newer Shiney thing (say 356 X Macro).....you get the point.

I have a few I'd trade/sell, but would like to put it towards another Sig (I still have a hard on for a MCX).

Latest posts

Top Bottom