Will you guys pay for my college debt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked 3 part time jobs and avoided any pleasures of life for 4 1/2 years. Graduated with less than a grand of debt (all related to graduation cost).
Then I got two more degrees without debt. Last one was a graduate degree about 10 years ago followed by half a doctorate. Again all paying as I went and no debt.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recall my degree from OSU cost around $24k back in 87-91, including tuition, room and eats.
It paid off for me and I didnt take out any loans.
Retired now and bringing in more money than when I was working.
CH, the football heroes get free tuition and can't legitimately pass some classes, they probably spend millions in advertisements, increase the pay of liberal staff, increase the cost of tuition, dormitory rent to the students, Build statues of people they thknk are pillars of the university and the students pay for all this "stuff"
It doesn't seem right but the regents and others spend the money leaving a legacy of debt.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you send your hood to the cleaners or does your wife/cousin launder and starch it for you?
The term is offensive to many and I wouldn't use it even in private circles but the medical terms for a caucasion is caucasoid and Black person or one of African decent is negroid. It is simply medical terminology but rarely used due to the historical offensive nature of the word.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CH, the football heroes get free tuition and can't legitimately pass some classes, they probably spend millions in advertisements, increase the pay of liberal staff, increase the cost of tuition, dormitory rent to the students, Build statues of people they thknk are pillars of the university and the students pay for all this "stuff"
It doesn't seem right but the regents and others spend the money leaving a legacy of debt.
Tell me you don't know anything about universities without saying you don't know anything about universities...

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The term is offensive to many and I wouldn't use it even in private circles but the medical terms for a caucasion is caucasoid and Black person or one of African decent is negroid. It is simply medical terminology but rarely used due to the historical offensive nature of the word.
It’s pretty obvious the poster only used it in a medical terminology context, & not in an offensive racist way. And anyone who disagrees is a liberal.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Maybe you've not heard of university endowments?

With what some universities have in their endowments, it would be hard to say they are leaving a legacy of debt.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the 1990's I met with a person that had a Master's degree and 10's of thousands in student loan debt (more than even some Doctor's I met with. He actually even though employed for years had not made one payment. He kept deferring them by taking one or two classes every six months playing the system. This is the mentality of these people getting their loans paid off.
I had a classmate that was still in college in his 50's last I'd heard of him. He was in Grenada and had to be rescued when the US went in there to kick the Cubans out while going to some veterinarian school.
He is what they call a perpetual student. Living on grants, never working, attending a class or two a day and enjoying the college life.
He should be in his early 70's now. Wonder where he eventually landed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom