Witnessed a pretty bad accident last night in Tulsa...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm cruising along about 1830 on 11 bypass around the airport. Westbound, just past Sheridan. 68mph on cruise.

Behind me all of a sudden I see a silver sedan, Chrysler 300, something like that, come flying up on my rear (I'm in the right lane), at the last second swerve around me, missing my bumper by only a foot or two. Not like a smooth, fast lane change, but like an, "Oh ****!" kinda quick jerking lane change (hard to miss my black Tahoe). Soon as he's past me, he changes back into my lane. No other traffic immediately next to us. He was probably doing an easy 85.

I had time to count my lucky stars and estimate his speed and SMH a little bit, thinking how bad that would have been had he clipped me, when I see a red smaller SUV maybe a hundred yards in front of me in the same lane, in front of him. I am thinking, "Surely he just wasn't paying attention when he passed me, and it should have alerted him. He'll be paying attention now." Wrong. He does the same thing with this SUV he did with me, but didn't make it around in time.

So as he tries to swerve around, he clips the left rear bumper, which sends the woman driving the SUV careening into a concrete sidewall on a bridge. Actually, if he had hit her a second earlier, she would have been thrown directly into the barrier end-on and that would probably have been all she wrote. Of course, when he hit her bumper, it ganked his right front tire and he ends up going sideways in front of her at this point. So she bounces off the concrete barrier and right back into his passenger-side door, T-bone-style, and sends him spinning into the median. He finally comes to rest facing the direction of normal traffic, on the inner shoulder. Neither flipped, but I just knew from the way they were spinning around one or the other was going to.

As I'm pulling onto the shoulder and putting my flashers on, I see him come crawling out of his passenger-side door, falling out like a man who's barely conscious (not surprisingly). Young guy, mid-20s, prolly. I go to check on him and he's kinda disoriented and won't lay down, but with a quick glance, I don't see anything major broken or falling off, so I decide not to fight with him and go on to check the lady he hit. Middle-aged lady in scrubs, says she's a medical assistant for a doctor's office. She's also shaken up and a little sore, but otherwise ok. Going back to him, he's come around fine at this point and is in full-blown CYA mode. He's going on about how she slammed on her brakes in front of him and blah-blah-blah. WTF-ever, dude. I was right behind them and the woman never hit her brakes, just tooling along in the right lane minding her own, doing nothing wrong and this guy plows into her while hauling ass and nearly kills her.

Anyways, I hang around through the TFD and EMSA checks, waiting for TPD to make their way to us - they're working their way up the line of cars on the shoulder taking information of witnesses, I suppose. Give the officer my info, explain what happened, etc. Told him the guy is trying to say she slammed on her brakes, told him about the guy's crazy antics and that he's FOS. Officer was polite and appreciative of the info, said he would tell the other officers who are over talking to the driver. Explained to him how the guy hit her, spun around her front end and then got T-boned when she bounced off the barrier.

Pretty close deal, could easily have been me. Lucky for all involved there were no serious injuries. Everyone's airbags seemed to do a good job. Just pure craziness on the part of the silver Chrysler. Jeez.

Be careful out there. Stay alert.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No doubt he has prior accidents or moving violations on his record.

I've been in three no aaccidents, where pulling the criminal records up on OSCN shows that they had prior records of assault, DUI, previous accidents where they were driving with no license, insurance, expired tags, etc.

Yet, they were operating a vehicle legally, and they be-bopped down to a tag agency and DMV issues them driver's licenses, titles, car tags, etc.

Tomorrow, this guy will be able to buy another vehicle, someone will insure him, and he'll be back on the road, ready to kill again.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crazy stuff man! Glad to hear you are well! Props to you for sticking around and helping out! More than a lot of people would do these days!

Latest posts

Top Bottom