Just wasn't in the mood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the stand Sat evening, and the wind was calm, birds were chirping,trees were in their different shades of beautiful color,the leaves were dropping around me, and the temp was perfect. Its days like this in the deer woods when I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be able enjoy this sport. I hung the MZ on a limb and just sat there enjoying the nature around me.
Two does walked by at about 15yds, and I just let them walk and observed them until they went out of sight. Then the evening came on, and it was a Oklahoma sunset like no other place in the world has. The pics can't show the true colors, but its close.
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do:D

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010034_1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010035.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very, very nice. There is more than one way to hunt IMHO. There are times when I am so in awe of nature that the only right thing to do is what you did and just enjoy the beauty around you.

It is good for the soul ...

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the best times I had in the woods was sitting in a tree stand in a snow storm with flakes so big and so wet, you could hear them hit the ground with an audible plop. Watched two does walk around, noses to the ground about 40 yards away for about 1/2 an hour.

Another one was sitting in a fence row, saw a coyote jumping from one spot to another, trying to catch a rabbit. Soon another bigger coyote came up, and they started chasing each other, yipping, and playing back and forth. You all know how skittish coyotes are, but these two ended up playing within 10 yards of me. It was amazing. Killed the biggest one, and missed the second one. In retrospect, I should have killed the smallest one first, the other would have been easier to hit on the run. I hate coyotes.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom