Carrying a shotgun in your truck question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the board you see guys mention that when they were back in "this day and age" they used to have a shotgun mounted in their pick-up... well why is today different than then?

Have the laws changed or something?

I know public perception and attitude is different but that wouldnt stop me from carrying my shotty if i wanted.

(sorry if its a dumb question but I have only been into guns since the time i joined OSA and i grew up in a family that is ignorant about firearms)

Last edited:

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weeeelll... if you live in an urban area you'll have someone calling PD. If you're unloaded, you're probably fine, but you'll get a talking to. Next, of course, you'll have someone contemplating a little smash-n-grab to get your shotty. Cut the barrel down, & homie is all set for his next robbery- or he'll make a couple of bucks selling to someone else.

Socially, the standard used to be you'd challenge someone breaking a car window. Now, I'd be surprised if 1 in 10 people would call 911. Kinda like running around with an extra small polo covering your Baer Monolithic 1911 and wearing the NRA T shirt & hat. Just draws all kinds of attention you really don't want...

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont have a truck so its not really something i was interested in but all the old timers always reminisce about it which is funny to me.

DeadEyeDick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so with a CCW, you can conceal a rifle/shotgun as long as a round isnt chambered, correct? without CCW, it must be visible and with unchambered round, correct?

i know if you dont have CCW, a pistol must be unloaded (mag free) and in plain view or in a gun case. or at least thats what i was told from an instructor.

fire65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont have a truck so its not really something i was interested in but all the old timers always reminisce about it which is funny to me.

What is funny about it? You started this thread about a subject which you say you have no interest in. And us old timers did carry them in gun racks, usually lived in rural towns. Things were just different back then. Been through an airport lately?

Latest posts

Top Bottom