The new iPad is amazing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...and it's integration with the Apple TV 3 is awesome. Got the black 64gb LTE on AT&T. Speed tests to follow, but this thing is smokin'. Haven't noticed any warming issues with mine, although with all the new upgrades, some additional heat is to be expected

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
GSARG, you big Apple fanboy. :) Got mine last Friday too, pretty sweet device, also got the Black 64 with ATT LTE. I haven't used LTE much yet except to test the data speeds, it's as fast or faster than my Cox internet wifi. I've drank the Apple Koolaid all around, besides the iPad, I've got the iPhone 4S, 13 inch macbook air, and apple TV. Before you Apple haters chime in let me tell you a quick story. Today I decided to load TurboTax so I can pay the taxes to Obama and company so he can continue to fly his entourage around the nation and make amazing speeches like the one in Cushing today. I was going to load it on a relatively new Lenovo windows laptop of my girlfriends so she can use it too. After hassling around with that, a restart, loading updates, etc, it took over 15 minutes. I said screw that, hooking my DVD drive up to USB, threw the disk in and was loaded and running it on the air in 5 minutes. Yes, apple products may cost more but they are so much easier to use and just work. Let the jealous bashing begin.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've just never seen anything to convince me an iPad is all that useful. Except for surfing the net while watching TV on the couch, I guess, but it isn't worth a year's cost of cable service to do that.

Not to me, at least.

Uncivil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im personally not a fanboy. But i have to say their products just work. I have used my ipad daily for going on 2 years or more. I am still using my ipad 1 from when they were initally released without issue. I have either given away or sold all my pc's but my main desktop which i run itunes on to stream my media library to 3 seperate tv's with via apple tv. Wont replace a pc by any means but.....aside from primting and some websites my wife uses like walmart to print her pictures my pc just sits.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've just never seen anything to convince me an iPad is all that useful. Except for surfing the net while watching TV on the couch, I guess, but it isn't worth a year's cost of cable service to do that.

Not to me, at least.
Work:
I have got to where I cannot function without one. I am in outside sales and and use it all the time. I can write, edit, print, and send documents. Check product features, do cross references, take notes. Have all my customer lists and profiles.
School:
I am working on my MBA and a lot of text books are available for the kindle app which gives you a search function and saves about 50% of the cost of the book.
Fun:
Like you say you can sit on the couch and surf the web without a bulky laptop on your lap. Play games. If your wife is watching the real housewives, you can plug in headphones and be good to go.

How much better is the new Ipad than the Ipad2? I know I am going to upgrade but don't know if I should save a couple hundred bucks and get the Ipad 2 or if it is worth the extra chunk of change?

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to tinker around with one this morning. First off I'm a huge Android fan, and that screen is amazing. Samsung should have saved that screen for themselves.

Only thing I don't get about it is the name. What's up with just the new iPad? How do you have a fallow up to that? The new, new iPad? In a small way it leads me to believe that Apple's next tablet won't be an iPad. Just seams odd to me.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Work:
I have got to where I cannot function without one. I am in outside sales and and use it all the time. I can write, edit, print, and send documents. Check product features, do cross references, take notes. Have all my customer lists and profiles.
School:
I am working on my MBA and a lot of text books are available for the kindle app which gives you a search function and saves about 50% of the cost of the book.
Fun:
Like you say you can sit on the couch and surf the web without a bulky laptop on your lap. Play games. If your wife is watching the real housewives, you can plug in headphones and be good to go.

How much better is the new Ipad than the Ipad2? I know I am going to upgrade but don't know if I should save a couple hundred bucks and get the Ipad 2 or if it is worth the extra chunk of change?

I had some A/C work done last summer. The service guy had his billing all setup in his iPad and it looked cool as hell. He processed my check and emailed an invoice right from the driveway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom