Pistol mounted light.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
With open carry soon to be in place one of the things I am considering is adding a weapon light to my Glock 19. I will not be open carrying very often if at all, except for around the yard doing work, or maybe at the park behind my house with the kids. But since I won't have to worry about printing the added bulk of a light doesn't seem like a bad idea. I already carry a light all the time, but it just makes sense to put one on the gun.

I have been looking at the TLR-1 from Streamlight, but figured I would see what suggestions you might have. I would like to stay around $100 give or take, since I am also going to have to drop a decent chunk of money on another holster.

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The nice thing about the TLR-1 and the x300 (aside from the quality and function, etc) is the availability of holsters for weapons with those particular light models mounted. The Crimson Trace Lightguard is also pretty good, for its size.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Only thing I don't like about the lightgaurd is the way it rides the bottom of the triggerguard. Maybe I need to get my hands on one, but it looks like it would mess with my normal grip.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just recently finished shopping for a light for my Glock 19 as well. I had planned to purchase a Streamlight TLR-1S but decided against it strictly due to the size of the unit. It seems to be the best light for the money, but is just a little too large for my liking. The TLR-3 is quite a bit more compact, but does not fit the G19 frame very well and leaves a gap between the controls and the triggerguard. I have also read one too many reviews about the plastic QD mount breaking on the TLR-3.

I ended up going with a Crimson Trace Rail Master. It is rated at 100 lumens and has constant, momentary, and strobe features. It also fits the G19 like a glove. The downside of the unit is that it is polymer constuction and not aluminum like the TLR-1. I also do not believe that it is waterproof.

Here are a couple pics of the light installed on my 19...

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_crimsontrace001E2.jpg

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_crimsontrace016E.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two X300s and two TLR-1a. I prefer the X300 due to the more compact size and durability Surefire is known for, but the price the TLR1 is certainly worth what they charge and seems to be #2 in line behind the X300. I would buy another of either one without hesitation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom