The Official OSA Christina Fallin Trainwreck Thread/Timeline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow. Use it as an opportunity to teach people about the meaning behind the headdress all you want, but stop acting like it is racist. It isn't. Racism is purely and solidly based in discrimination, there was no discrimination here, no one was hurt or injured. Kids wear headdresses in plays all the time, but I guess they are racist too, right? Stop playing the race card, get over yourselves.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's not racist. It was in bad taste. And like most poor decisions the backtracking just makes it worse. Rule #'s 1-5 in crisis management, stop digging. Just say sorry (even if you're not or should not have to be) and move on.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Racism-
Noun

1. The belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others.

So I don't see that in the photo. They keep using that word, I don't think that word means what they think it means. Is the photo insensitive? Possibly, but I doubt that she intends it to be insensitive. What I see is a little girl who, perhaps while ignorant of the culture, also admires it. So ignorant of the culture, that's what I'd label it. Guess what, I'm ignorant of that culture too. I guess I don't go around wearing headdresses though.

I don't know anything about this girl, don't care to either. Perhaps she was being deliberately insensitive, perhaps not. One way or the other it's much ado about nothing. She has a right to do offensive things, there is no right to not be offended.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Human beings are just naturally offensive. More importantly, we're just naturally offended.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the fallins, but really, who cares? NOT ME. Some people have nothing better to do than get offended...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom