Hypocrisy, and the Courage of One's Conictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not like he's a political anomaly. Sheesh, congress passes laws that don't apply to themselves.

Going to a closed beach is pretty small potatoes by comparison IMO. :drunk2:

Gotta agree with Mac on this one. Not exactly the second coming of (insert political scandal of your choice here), but still kind of a douche move.

Well, he was staying at a beach house that the state maintains for the governor, and that beach house is supposedly really close to the park. So, I have to agree with both of you. I can't say I am a fan of Christie, but I certainly don't see this as hypocrisy. Like he said, if the legislature would pass a budget that would fund everything, he would sign it.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tempest in a teapot. Don't want your state parks shut down? Don't send pork laden bills to Christie's desk for his signature (unless of course it's literally delivered on top of a rack of pork ribs, in which case he might sign it). :anyone:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tempest in a teapot. Don't want your state parks shut down? Don't send pork laden bills to Christie's desk for his signature (unless of course it's literally delivered on top of a rack of pork ribs, in which case he might sign it). :anyone:
It's good to be king
King eating.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, he was staying at a beach house that the state maintains for the governor, and that beach house is supposedly really close to the park. So, I have to agree with both of you. I can't say I am a fan of Christie, but I certainly don't see this as hypocrisy. Like he said, if the legislature would pass a budget that would fund everything, he would sign it.

Update:

Budget has been submitted and Christie signed it. And, there is a picture of the beach in question and the beach house available for use by any New Jersey governor. House sure seems to be close to the beach, regardless of whether the park is closed or not.

New Jersey Governor Signs Budget Bill

New Jersey Governors Beach House.jpeg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update:

Budget has been submitted and Christie signed it. And, there is a picture of the beach in question and the beach house available for use by any New Jersey governor. House sure seems to be close to the beach, regardless of whether the park is closed or not.

New Jersey Governor Signs Budget Bill

View attachment 103167
Funny, NONE of the liberal media outlets showed that full shot. I guess they were protecting the fragile minds of their viewers from the awful horror of the full shot. It might've melted some snowflakes. What is that, 30 yards from the deck? Christie clearly should've utilized more state resources to drive to a more distant beach, right? :rolleyes2

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny, NONE of the liberal media outlets showed that full shot. I guess they were protecting the fragile minds of their viewers from the awful horror of the full shot. It might've melted some snowflakes. What is that, 30 yards from the deck? Christie clearly should've utilized more state resources to drive to a more distant beach, right? :rolleyes2
See previous post...Fox News did the exact same thing.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a smart move.
The elected officials (our too Fed/State) get paid regardless of Gov shut down. We should demand that this ends. If they shut services down because of no budget agreement or overruns, they don't get paid.
Plus it's leave without pay. THEY DON'T GET IT BACK!
Not getting the job done so you don't get paid.
In my opinion, Christie should not have access to the taxpayer lake mansion or helicopter. If he wanted to go to the beach, he should haul his family on the train to a rented beach hotel on his own nickel. Same with all the other elected folks. NO PAY AND NO PERKS!

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With more searching, several conservative outlets did the same. Hmmm, wonder why both liberal and conservative media sites would be using the same propaganda...trick question?!?!

Latest posts

Top Bottom