Any scuba divers on here ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard quite a bit about Athen's scuba park and beaver lake in arkansas. Dove Tenkiller once and the blue hole is where i did most of my certification dives. The other places sound like they could be interesting. Going to kauai in a couple weeks and am stoked about diving there. My first in the ocean. Thanks for all the responses and keep 'em comin!

internetscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got open water certified. Going to St. Kitts Monday and can't wait.

Scubabros in OKC has dive night every Thursday in their outdoor pool. All are welcome and you can use their gear. I'll be doing the Bonne Terre Mine dive with them in October. I highly suggest getting hooked up with those guys. Frequent inland trips and they always have cold beer at the shop.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got open water certified. Going to St. Kitts Monday and can't wait.

Scubabros in OKC has dive night every Thursday in their outdoor pool. All are welcome and you can use their gear. I'll be doing the Bonne Terre Mine dive with them in October. I highly suggest getting hooked up with those guys. Frequent inland trips and they always have cold beer at the shop.

I will have to check them out since it is pretty close to the house. Enjoy your trip and share your experience when you get back.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't dive, but several friends make annual diving trips to Balmorhea, Tx. It is southwest of Midland, down around Pecos. Long way to drive but they say it was worth it. The park there has the largest spring-fed lake in the world (so they say) and the water is crystal clear and apparently has fish, etc. The park has a fair website.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't dive, but several friends make annual diving trips to Balmorhea, Tx. It is southwest of Midland, down around Pecos. Long way to drive but they say it was worth it. The park there has the largest spring-fed lake in the world (so they say) and the water is crystal clear and apparently has fish, etc. The park has a fair website.

I've dived there many times (long ago) and it's great fun. A crystal clear oasis in the desert. It's in the vicinity of the Davis Mountains.

mccullma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are two interesting places in Utah to inland dive. One is about 30 minutes west of SLC. This is Seabase. It is salt water and full of ocean fish. I have seen Nurse Sharks, Red fish, Parrot fish, and many others. it is about 23 feet deep at the deepest place. It is very silty but an interesting dive. The other is the Crater at Homestead up past Park City, It is about 30 feet deep and is like diving in a bathtub. Very warm fresh water and no fish. I dived this in a bathing suit. Nothing really to see but great viz. I did this a few times as a refresher course dive.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After getting carted in Curacao, inland diving just doesn't really appeal to me. One day I want to make it out to Fiji or Indonesia. Pacific reef life embarrasses the Caribbean, and the Caribbean is still really interesting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom