What’s your favorite place to eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and Cafe Alley in Ardmore. Food is pretty good. It has the best carrot cake on plant earth...full stop!

1704686844072.png

I could take or leave carrot cake before trying theirs, and then I became a believer! I've since tried carrot cake all over the place and nothing comes close to how they do it.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amber: Ken’s Steakhouse

Chickasha: Jake’s BBQ has been pretty good the few times I have been.

El Reno: Sid’s is one of the best burgers I have eaten.

Union city: Dairy Boy has great burgers. I feel like they have gone downhill a little, but still good.

Yukon: Lokal is pretty good.

OKC: Checkers truck stop off eastern and I40 has the best Indian food I have eaten.

OKC: Cafe Kacao is just amazing. All of it.

OKC: Scratch Kitchen in the Paseo is amazing. I know the owners, they’re passionate about finding local food to serve, and always have great stuff. Menu changes regularly too, so you can find something different a few months from now if you’re not excited about the menu.

OKC: The Drake is amazing, probably one of my favorite seafood joints in the state.

OKC: Paseo Grill is fantastic and always worth the visit.

Edmond: Tres Tequilas is good stuff.

Edmond: The Lounge is great stuff. Damn good steak, damn good service.

Edmond: Gabriella’s is probably my favorite Italian joint in the state. Really good.

Okarche: Eischens is great. My favorite fried chicken.

Shawnee: the Owl Shoppe is damn good.

Shawnee: Theopolis Social Club is real good. They make everything from scratch, even their amazing ketchup.

Likely fancier than most want around here:

Edmond: Fait Maison is to die for. The food, service, presentation, and overall experience are well worth the cost.

Tulsa: Bull in the Alley served me the all time best steak I have ever eaten outside of my home. Second best escargot too.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in a no man’s land between Moore and Norman and hate to drive due to a profession that formerly had me driving 50k or more a year so my list is biased in that manner.
I also prefer meals at home but I get cabin fever occasionally and have to get out. I try To value and remember the people I am with more than the actual venue, so I am pretty flexible.

Breakfast: The Diner ( it’s just called the diner) in downtown Norman. The chicken fried chicken is awesome

Sunny Side Up in Moore is very good , although I don’t have any issues with any of the Jimmy’s Eggs I have been in.

Lunch: My office is in Norman close to Sooner Mall so rear sways my lunch choices too but i am pretty easy

Norman Interurban. They have a daily special Which can be anything from a personal size pizza or a burger to enchiladas which are surprisingly good for a quick infusion of calories

Norman Chelinos - I usually do a fajita meat chimichanga

Food truck tacos - of which there are many, but I would give a shout out for Seno’r Dolar who parks on the east side of S Shields between 59th and 44th. This is out of the way for me but worth a stop if I’m running an errand

Dinner or “date nights”
Steak: Texas Roadhouse, Cattlemen’s, Saltgrass
All purpose: Charlestons - took my mother there for her 81st birth
day recently and was a great day.

Tex Mex: Tarahumaras or Teds
but have had a memorable experience at the El Chico in the Norman mall, but that had to do with the company at the time and the fact that I’m nostalgic for my teenage years when I thought taking A date to the mall was high society stuff

Take out pizza: Jet Pizza in Moore (formerly Sandros) - great NY Deli pizza
NY Deli on campus corner in Norman

Seafood : Crabtown, Pearls, and when in a hurry, The Catch, Volcano Sushi in Moore or Norman.

If the primary goal of the evening is to do some beer drinking and the food is secondary, Louie’s or The Garage do great burgers, as well as JR’s golf course at I-44 and 149th exit near Newcastle

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can make just about any meal at home that surpasses any restaraunt for quality and definitely price.

Our eating out is mostly what I don't cook; Chinese. The Buffet King in Wichita Falls is our #1, Duncan is a distant #2.

LA Familia is top Mexican in Lawton. Los Tres and Ted's are local favorites, but barely ok, to my palate.

Bill's Fish House at Waurika is worth a stop, for fried catfish. The Frog legs and fried oysters are decent, but pricey.

Been to Jimmy's egg twice, never again.
Been to Olive Garden twice, never again.

Wright's is a decent breakfast, but breakfast isn't hard. Though, Jimmy's can screw that up.

Our medical trips to OKC almost always end up Fuzzy Taco. Compiling a list from here as to future options. Amber is definitely on our radar.

Summer trips around the State in search of the hamburger in Okla, are being planned. It could be interesting.

Keep those list coming, good and BAD!.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our medical trips to OKC almost always end up Fuzzy Taco. Compiling a list from here as to future options. Amber is definitely on our radar.
I have that in Sapulpa frequently. Sometimes it's the Smooth Taco, Sometimes the Stubbly Taco, Sometimes the Hairy Taco. It's always spot-on, and the service is incredible. My favorite spot to be honest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom