Walling in a room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What will the rooms be used for? Will you (ever) need phone, cable, ethernet? Put them in now if you can, and leave several runs of string or thin rope in conduit for pulling cables later.

One room will be a nursery (first born is expected in april) second room will be an office/ what ever room. Literally the two rooms we have now never get used or entered. They both have cable ran into them already as for internet I do installs of video and security systems so I pull cat 5 wire every day so I'm not that worried about it plus I have wifi in the house.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One room will be a nursery (first born is expected in april) second room will be an office/ what ever room. Literally the two rooms we have now never get used or entered. They both have cable ran into them already as for internet I do installs of video and security systems so I pull cat 5 wire every day so I'm not that worried about it plus I have wifi in the house.

Sounds like you have it covered, then.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll post a resolution, got it all done and looks just fine, the joist runs in the direction of the wall but there was a joist right above my top cap. The only thing I learned was even though the wall was 11'-6" getting 12' sheet rock and cutting it down was a miserable task. The other thing I'm not happy with is the portion that was already in place has high points where it's about 1/2" thicker in one part so I had to ramp it while muffing and taping.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll post a resolution, got it all done and looks just fine, the joist runs in the direction of the wall but there was a joist right above my top cap. The only thing I learned was even though the wall was 11'-6" getting 12' sheet rock and cutting it down was a miserable task. The other thing I'm not happy with is the portion that was already in place has high points where it's about 1/2" thicker in one part so I had to ramp it while muffing and taping.

12' sheet rock?

Latest posts

Top Bottom