Anyone here in the tire business?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run the same sizes but on 20s on my G35 and my Supra, also staggered. Ran Hankooks on my last n.a. Supra then went to Nittos when I bought this turbo, the Infinity got some too just cause I loved em so much. Niche brand wheels on both. Running Yokohama all season 275/40/20s right now on my GMC dd SUV for winter, have em in the same sizes on Nitto summer tires sitting in my garage. The last guy staggered them on 45s but I changed to 275/40s all around. Love them.

Ain't none of em been very cheap.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

I had some Hankooks on the back last year... they didn't seem to wear very well for me. Total summer tire, shite for winter. These Pirellis have been much better overall and seem to be lasting well. I need to go get them rotated, but they seem pretty evenly worn at the moment. Not sure how many miles... maybe 10-12k on 'em right now.

I run Toyo Proxes II on the Tahoe... 255/50/20s, I think. I have to get those online because no one can get them new.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had some Hankooks on the back last year... they didn't seem to wear very well for me. Total summer tire, shite for winter. These Pirellis have been much better overall and seem to be lasting well. I need to go get them rotated, but they seem pretty evenly worn at the moment. Not sure how many miles... maybe 10-12k on 'em right now.
I didnt keep the Supra long enough to see how long the Hankooks lasted but they were great at high speeds, wet roads, and in the turns. Yaa, total summer tires. Both of my Japanese RWD sports cars I run seperate tires for summer and winter; my RWD SUV tho does great on high quality all seasons all year; my 2 4x4s I stick with BFG A/T KOs, been running them for years, theyre not the ultimate offroad tire but theyre pretty decent and great for what I need them for.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didnt keep the Supra long enough to see how long the Hankooks lasted but they were great at high speeds, wet roads, and in the turns. Yaa, total summer tires. Both of my Japanese RWD sports cars I run seperate tires for summer and winter; my RWD SUV tho does great on high quality all seasons all year; my 2 4x4s I stick with BFG A/T KOs, been running them for years, theyre not the ultimate offroad tire but theyre pretty decent and great for what I need them for.

Seems like most of the guys in the 370 don't get more than 12-15k out of their tires. They say if you get 20k you should be ecstatic. However, it has so much built-in negative camber it eats the hell out of the rears on the inside. Mine was lowered a little bit with a rear spring kit and the Nissan stealership was unable to get the camber back into spec and was running like -3, I think? So I bought a new camber kit and had them set it to... I think -1.7 or -1.9. They seem to be wearing much better now. Of course, you sacrifice a little in handling, but since I'm not racing the Dragon, I don't worry about it too much. I'm pretty tame with it - mainly 'cause I don't like paying tickets and buying tires! lol

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like most of the guys in the 370 don't get more than 12-15k out of their tires. They say if you get 20k you should be ecstatic. However, it has so much built-in negative camber it eats the hell out of the rears on the inside. Mine was lowered a little bit with a rear spring kit and the Nissan stealership was unable to get the camber back into spec and was running like -3, I think? So I bought a new camber kit and had them set it to... I think -1.7 or -1.9. They seem to be wearing much better now. Of course, you sacrifice a little in handling, but since I'm not racing the Dragon, I don't worry about it too much. I'm pretty tame with it - mainly 'cause I don't like paying tickets and buying tires! lol
My G35 is basically a cousin to the Z and I haven't noticed that but I will be checking it out and keeping an eye on it. The 305/40s are about as fat as I want to go, it rode great on the 275s. My springs were already lowered by the previous owner. This is my 2nd Infinity and I only have it because I couldnt find the right Z.

I think my daughters 11' Camaro came OEM with the Pirelli P Zeros.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My G35 is basically a cousin to the Z and I haven't noticed that but I will be checking it out and keeping an eye on it. The 305/40s are about as fat as I want to go, it rode great on the 275s. My springs were already lowered by the previous owner. This is my 2nd Infinity and I only have it because I couldnt find the right Z.

I think my daughters 11' Camaro came OEM with the Pirelli P Zeros.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

I don't think they did the same with the G37 as they did with the suspension on the 370z. I haven't heard of tire issues with them, but the 370 guys just pretty much expect to eat tires. Of course, alot of them are not daily drivers like mine... seems like a lot of the ones on the forums are just mainly Sunday and track day cars. I'll pass on that... I don't need to spend that kind of money on something I'm not going to use very much.

I got guns for that kinda waste! :D

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
alot of them are not daily drivers like mine... seems like a lot of the ones on the forums are just mainly Sunday and track day cars. I'll pass on that... I don't need to spend that kind of money on something I'm not going to use very much.
No shite, F that, my cars were meant to be driven not just to sit and look at em, or to race. One of my favorite past times is to get out of the house and just go driving- get away from everything going on in my life for just a little while, listen to my music really loud and just enjoy driving one of my cars. Im into GT cars so Im looking for places to go thru the corners and get some real driving in, Im just not interested in racing someone in a straight line with the possibility of breaking some shitt on my car. I am a huge fan of NHRA same as my fave GT racing but I'll leave the racing to the pros. I put alot of money into my stuff but its for me to enjoy and since I wrench my own stuff I better take good care of it. I have friends who do weekend track racing and thats cool for them and whoever else has the time and money to do it but Im just not into it. One of my good friends races a slightly modded late model Pontiac G8 on the weekends and then he drives for Uber during the week in the same car while he finishes up his grad school. He isnt well off either, his wife is an RN and while he makes good money they have a school loans, a large mortgage and a little kid to take care of. I just saw him on Facebook the other day getting in a pair of drag radials for his car off Ebay to go race. SMFH. I just dont get it. I have alot of 'hobbies' to be spending my extra money on instead of replacing broken engine parts and worn drag tires just so I can post my time slips on Facebook and say my car is semi fast. F that. I love to watch Top Fuel and FC racers do what they do to try and go sub 4 seconds, but all else is a waste of time and money to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom