How many motorcyclists do we have here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit riding my 93 Harley FXR in 2012 due to gettin old, but recently I have an urge to get an old ironhead Sportster and build a flat track style hooligan, just to wrench on and putt my neighborhood, do a nice enough job for some bike show appearances. Build something light, cool looking and potentially dangerous to play with

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a bike but Life has interfered with my riding for awhile.

I bought some new tires in June, 2019, and had a shop in Tulsa mount them. The tires were manufactured in 2018. I've put exactly 1,313 miles on them. My bike is stored, always, in my garage, and has never seen outdoors overnight. The rear tire is off the floor via the centerstand. The front tire rests on a carpet remnant (to prevent the cement from leeching the tire's oils).

Among serious motorcyclists, they're of the opinion that tires over five years old should be replaced. That time countdown begins with the manufacture date. If the tires sit in the retailers warehouse for two years, then the rider has effectively only three years use.

If you ride a motorcycle, do you follow the above criteria?
Don’t really have an opinion to offer, as I have always selected the newest manufactured tires available, and I ride sufficient mileage to wear them out long before the five year “deadline”.

Attachments

• IMG_7918.png
    IMG_7918.png
    10.6 MB · Views: 0

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was in insurance claims, we called motorcycle owners "organ donors". Bike accidents were never the fault of the bike rider and rarely ended up anything less than real bad.

While I love the idea of owning a riding a bike, other drivers just scare the crap out of me.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was in insurance claims, we called motorcycle owners "organ donors". Bike accidents were never the fault of the bike rider and rarely ended up anything less than real bad.

While I love the idea of owning a riding a bike, other drivers just scare the crap out of me.

Defensive driving is what it's all about. Once learned it helps immensely when on 4 wheels

JRR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's photo of my current ride, Honda Shadow Phantom and photo of the Sportster 1200 I traded off for it. Went from riding Husqvarna dirt bikes to a street legal Goldwing and never regretted it.

Attachments

• IMG_1345.jpg
    IMG_1345.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230228_153411.jpg
    IMG_20230228_153411.jpg
    801.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom