Hercules Commercial Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m needing to replace all 6 tires on my F550, and Hankooks have priced themselves out of my reach. I can buy Hercules 19.5 A/T tires for a little over 40% cheaper. Anyone ever run or have experience with Hercules commercial tires?

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m needing to replace all 6 tires on my F550, and Hankooks have priced themselves out of my reach. I can buy Hercules 19.5 A/T tires for a little over 40% cheaper. Anyone ever run or have experience with Hercules commercial tires?
Not commercial. But I had a set of Hercules ATs on my tundra. I got really good service out of those, close to 70k miles IRRC.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever thought about going the single tire route on it? I'm seeing all the new brush pumper fire trucks around here are running that setup now. They look to be 38 to 40" inch tires.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Have you ever thought about going the single tire route on it? I'm seeing all the new brush pumper fire trucks around here are running that setup now. They look to be 38 to 40" inch tires.

Will need a 3" lift to run 36" super singles and those will either be Super swampers or Founders(both bias ply) or a 6" lift to run the 40" Michelin radials. We have two grass rigs set up that way.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will need a 3" lift to run 36" super singles and those will either be Super swampers or Founders(both bias ply) or a 6" lift to run the 40" Michelin radials. We have two grass rigs set up that way.
I think that would make an awesome farm truck setup, those F-450 and F-550's are geared low enough to run a tire that tall and still have power to pull a load.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4.88 is what both or ours are. Even with 500gal and 600gal of water, bed weight, gear, etc they will crawl through sugar sand like it's a mall parking lot. Mud without a bottom.....it will still find the bottom lol.
Think it's called Star Tracks conversations, they build a lot of those F-550 SRW trucks so I don't know if you could get the hubs and everything from them or not. For what those 19.5 tires cost it may be worth it plus the benefit of added traction vs. dual wheels

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Think it's called Star Tracks conversations, they build a lot of those F-550 SRW trucks so I don't know if you could get the hubs and everything from them or not. For what those 19.5 tires cost it may be worth it plus the benefit of added traction vs. dual wheels
Not sure what they charge for the conversion, Blanchet Fire in Harper, KS charges around $15k for the conversions. Besides the lift, wheels, and tires. There's mods and fabbing done to the track bar bracket, lengthened drives shafts, and some other suspension work. I'd have to go back and look at the list. Have to be able to keep the GVW the same as if it still had the dual.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what they charge for the conversion, Blanchet Fire in Harper, KS charges around $15k for the conversions. Besides the lift, wheels, and tires. There's mods and fabbing done to the track bar bracket, lengthened drives shafts, and some other suspension work. I'd have to go back and look at the list. Have to be able to keep the GVW the same as if it still had the dual.
Definitely a chunk of change for that

Latest posts

Top Bottom