“Consider, If You Will”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The similarities between the “woke” folks and us, OSA.

When a business does something, or seems to stand for something the “woke” don’t like, they complain. When a business’s actions go against our thoughts, we boycott, send emails, etc.

When a politician stands for a position different from the Karen’s of the world, they protest. When a position is taken that differs from our opinion, we call them RINO.

it looks like different sides of the same coin. Life goes on…..

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree - what I find disturbing, however, is the lightening-speed rollover that businesses achieve when trying to comply with the latest "woke" concept.

Normal men expressing disdain for deviant behavior is verboten for example.

Normal men being called "guilty", "racist", "privileged" is perfectly acceptable, as is a biological male dressing as a female.

Anything less than acknowledgement of collective guilt by a White person is nothing short of hate speech.

I'm all about these victim groups expressing their ideas and voting with their wallets. Unfortunately the "woke" culture doesn't stop there.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see differences. Speaking for myself, when a business supports something important enough to me that I disagree with, I might boycott and send emails stating why. I do not however advocate for their closure. I simply would prefer to not have my money indirectly funneled to causes I don't support. Same with things like people I disagree with on youtube etc. I may not ever listen, but I don't support banning them. Which, the 'woke' side seems to support generally when they disagree.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be funny if normal businesses weren't so afraid of losing a buck.

The "marginalized" among us are that for a reason. In thousands of years of opportunity, a group rose to the top, established standards and institutions that have enabled technical, medical, civil rights advances never before seen. And now are being scorned for it.

It's as if the inventor of the wheel is the villain because his workload is now lighter, yet the unevolved are simply jealous of what they have not achieved.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The primary similarity is that both sides believe they are right, and can state their position in strongly convincing arguments, at least for others that hold the same beliefs.

it seems much harder these days to silently ask ourselves, “could I be wrong?”

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DM, I’m going to disagree. When the “woke” don’t like something they don’t complain. They petition society AND government to dox, cancel or BAN them. They want government to step in and determine who is the winner and who is the loser.

IMO, you seem lately to want to straddle the middle. I too, have wanted to do that some but it’s getting late to do that. And I’m not talking about Dims or Repukes, they’re both problematic. I’m talking Patriots vs Communists. Hopefully, you have made your choice.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, not straddling the middle, or any position. I’m questioning a lot of my stands on issues because, I have found some issues where I was completely wrong. I’m asking questions in the hope that I will be willing to consider the “slim” possibility that there may well be other thoughts of mine that are not quite right. There are many issues, such as those you mentioned, where there is no question, but maybe some of the arguments I have used in the past may not be totally correct.

There are man6 here that have well thought out positions, and I have learned, and strengthen, many of my own thoughts. And there are a few that are just stuck in their positions, and facts be damned.

One of the things I learned from my Grandfather was to try to learn at least one thing from every person you meet. Since those days I have learned many very usable lessons, but sometimes what I have learned from a person is, “I sure don’t want to be like them!”

I’m still learning (after 74 years)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The similarities between the “woke” folks and us, OSA.

When a business does something, or seems to stand for something the “woke” don’t like, they complain. When a business’s actions go against our thoughts, we boycott, send emails, etc.

When a politician stands for a position different from the Karen’s of the world, they protest. When a position is taken that differs from our opinion, we call them RINO.

it looks like different sides of the same coin. Life goes on…..
So you’re saying there’s no “woke” and/or “Karen” folks on OSA?!?:lmfao:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, not straddling the middle, or any position. I’m questioning a lot of my stands on issues because, I have found some issues where I was completely wrong. I’m asking questions in the hope that I will be willing to consider the “slim” possibility that there may well be other thoughts of mine that are not quite right. There are many issues, such as those you mentioned, where there is no question, but maybe some of the arguments I have used in the past may not be totally correct.

There are man6 here that have well thought out positions, and I have learned, and strengthen, many of my own thoughts. And there are a few that are just stuck in their positions, and facts be damned.

One of the things I learned from my Grandfather was to try to learn at least one thing from every person you meet. Since those days I have learned many very usable lessons, but sometimes what I have learned from a person is, “I sure don’t want to be like them!”

I’m still learning (after 74 years)
Tell me which ones you are speaking of to see if I have the same notions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom