“Consider, If You Will”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, call me "WOKE", I'm guilty of what you mention above. I have few companies that I rather not do business with because their WOKNESS. Is my choice, by the same token I don’t go around forcing anyone to do as I do. Perhaps this is the reason why the minority is getting away dictating what the majority does or fail to do. Maybe we should making a lot more noise.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with anyone here. I'm just working on making sure that what I think about current issues is correct, and not just the result of some political or cultural response that may or may not be true. We have a lot of diverse opinions just here on OSA, not to mention in the rest of society, and I have been pretty quick at times to form an opinion without thinking hard enough and asking questions with a goal of seeking truth and not just agreement with my thoughts.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, call me "WOKE", I'm guilty of what you mention above. I have few companies that I rather not do business with because their WOKNESS. Is my choice, by the same token I don’t go around forcing anyone to do as I do. Perhaps this is the reason why the minority is getting away dictating what the majority does or fail to do. Maybe we should making a lot more noise.
If you had the power would you want to see these businesses ruined, closed or the people the own them to be ruined? My guess is you wouldn’t. To me, that is the difference.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Since we live in a world where we’re all clambering for a title or label, I’m still trying to figure out where I fit in!

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with anyone here. I'm just working on making sure that what I think about current issues is correct, and not just the result of some political or cultural response that may or may not be true. We have a lot of diverse opinions just here on OSA, not to mention in the rest of society, and I have been pretty quick at times to form an opinion without thinking hard enough and asking questions with a goal of seeking truth and not just agreement with my thoughts.
I think this is admirable humility. If everyone had this attitude cancel culture wouldn’t exist.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you had the power would you want to see these businesses ruined, closed or the people the own them to be ruined? My guess is you wouldn’t. To me, that is the difference.
If the business is ruined is by their own doing. They got a choice just like I have one. Bottom line is if I don't agreed in what your business agenda/morals I won't waste my money in their business period. I also won't advocate for their boycott.

Latest posts

Top Bottom