You can’t fix stupid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well today, went over Cottonwood Pass at 12,145’ altitude. There was still snow around.

IMG_1775.jpeg

What you can’t see in this photo is that it is an overhang with no support underneath. 500’ drop under it we saw driving up from the road below.
As we exited the truck, there was a couple with two kids standing on it with the woman part of the couple (I do know the difference) walking toward the edge while making some dance moves for her husband who was filming the process with her back to him. When she got half way across, I started talking in a very loud voice that she was in danger and needed to come back. She turned and had a newborn baby strapped to her chest.
Personally, I know you can’t fix stupid so if she were alone and fell, that’s on her, but the infant did not have that choice.
It totally amazes me how stupid and ignorant some people are to put their lives at risk to get a video for social media.
Rant over, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Another pic.

IMG_1777.jpeg

Last edited:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cotton Wood is all paved now! It used to be a challenge 20 years ago. Beautiful drive over to Taylor Park, then to Tin Cup, St Elmo!
Was going to comment about Taylor Reservoir - just way too many ATV/UTV/Motorcycles the times that we went. I'll just stay at the Mt Princeton hot springs, sipping on a Eddyline IPA and y'all can drive that crazy Cottonwood Pass road!

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well today, went over Cottonwood Pass at 12,145’ altitude. There was still snow around.

View attachment 392293

What you can’t see in this photo is that it is an overhang with no support underneath. 500’ drop under it we saw driving up from the road below.
As we exited the truck, there was a couple with two kids standing on it with the woman part of the couple (I do know the difference) walking toward the edge while making some dance moves for her husband who was filming the process with her back to him. When she got half way across, I started talking in a very loud voice that she was in danger and needed to come back. She turned and had a newborn baby strapped to her chest.
Personally, I know you can’t fix stupid so if she were alone and fell, that’s on her, but the infant did not have that choice.
It totally amazes me how stupid and ignorant some people are to put their lives at risk to get a video for social media.
Rant over, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Another pic.

View attachment 392294
Duct can muffle or hobble, restrain stupid.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom