02.26.2023 - A watch the weather day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were at work last night when the storms came through. Our studio is at Melrose lane and Rockwell Ave.
There was quite a bit of damage a half mile north of us on 10th street between Rockwell and Meridian. We stayed in the storm shelter for almost an hour last night.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the Cry Wolf story!
Yesterday yhe weather station & apps kept increasing the chance of severe storms, hail, tornado, high winds of up to 80 mph in the area we live in.
So dad wanted help getting everything tied down, anchored, & parked in shelter,

And about 9:40 last night, the tornado sirens went off,

And nothing happened!
No hail (thank Goodness), no high winds, no tornado, & not even that much rain.
I'm pretty sure these images kind of defeat the "Cry Wolf Story" idea. This was just over a mile from my house. We were lucky in that everything went (just barely) north of us.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These local stations are having to forecast, and warn for easily half of the state, and some folks want to criticize when the forecast isn't what exactly hit their yard.
Yeah, I was kind of irritated last night when the alarms sounded for a couple of minutes and then went out just after we got settled in our shelter only to go off again a few minutes later and us have to rush back out there. We've had them go off a few times over the past 6 years we've lived here in Norman with no damage in the area.

I'm a bit more accepting of them now that I found out how much damage happened right outside my neighborhood.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure these images kind of defeat the "Cry Wolf Story" idea. This was just over a mile from my house. We were lucky in that everything went (just barely) north of us.

View attachment 352948View attachment 352949View attachment 352950View attachment 352951View attachment 352952View attachment 352953
That’s was 3 miles south of me. The storm was moving so fast I didn’t get a warning until the threat was up near Franklin. Thankfully only a few injuries reported but there’ll be a major mess to clean up at the storage building.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 352948View attachment 352949View attachment 352950View attachment 352951View attachment 352952View attachment 352953

I guess a couple people didn't comprehend my whole comment. "In the area I live in."

Norman OK is over 2 1/2 hour drive from me.
I feel sorry for the folks in your area that have to go thru this again, they get hit alot.
Nothing happened in the area I live in, my trash can didn't even get blown over, but they still sounded the sirens because of something happening over an hour away.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom