10/22 magazine issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 10/22 stainless. Nice rifle, works great, even modified the bolt stop to release when I pull the bolt handle.
The only problem I have is with the 10 rnd Ruger mags.
They drive me nuts with FTFs. The rounds get stuck about an inch deep in the rotary magazine and unless I mess with them they don't want to come all the way up.
Anybody else ran in to this problem? I had to open up one and sand it to give it more clearance, it helped.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, the stock Ruger 10 rounders have always performed flawlessly. I haven't had as much trouble with FTFeed's as others, but if I have any problems it's with the cheaper 50 round mags.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 10/22 stainless. Nice rifle, works great, even modified the bolt stop to release when I pull the bolt handle.
The only problem I have is with the 10 rnd Ruger mags.
They drive me nuts with FTFs. The rounds get stuck about an inch deep in the rotary magazine and unless I mess with them they don't want to come all the way up.
Anybody else ran in to this problem? I had to open up one and sand it to give it more clearance, it helped.

Might need a good cleaning.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the problem even with brand new magazines.
Considering that I am the only one with this problem, the only possible answer is that my ammo is out of specs.
I have been using this ammo on other weapons without problems so, I think it means that the Ruger magazines are less tolerable to out of spec ammo.
I didn't try other brands because I still have quite a bit left. I'll use it up in my other 22s and try something else in the Ruger. The gun is definitely not the problem because any time it failed, the rounds were visibly stuck in the magazine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom