10/22 magazine issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 4 of the red lips and I have used them a lot. I cannot recall a single FTF. Obviously their lifespan won't be what the steel lips will be, but they've been great so far.

I'm not that lucky, I've had 3 of them that I've tried in 4 different guns and none of the 3 would feed consistently.

charlster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My original magazine on my 10/22 works great. I had trouble with the red lip butler creek 25 round ones as well. It wasn't as snug so i wrapped duck tape around the upper portion filling the gap up. Seems to be fine now.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the problem today is more with the grungy ammo they make.
I've had 10/22's for 35+ years and never had jamming problems until
recently. I switched from winchester wildcats to federal and remingtons
and after 400-500 rds the mags are caked up with greasy/waxy junk
thats tough to clean out without taking the mag apart.

kalebiscool

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would take the factory mags apart. Out of the wide array of 10/22 mags that i own the factory ones probably perform the best. possible the new ones have some burring inside you may be able to clean up. And i also agree ammo tolerance possibly being a problem. The biggest problem i have had with tolerance issues was with Rem. golden bullets. They chamber correctly in my match barrel about 10% of the time. When all other ammo performs fine. Anyway... there is a breakdown for the factory clips on google images if you search for it. very easy to do.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And i also agree ammo tolerance possibly being a problem. The biggest problem i have had with tolerance issues was with Rem. golden bullets.

I am pretty sure it is the ammo, I just didn't have a chance to buy a different brand. On Sunday I was at a Walmart and I went to get some, there was nobody attending the sporting goods and I had to leave. First opportunity I'll get something else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom