12/21 and 12/24 Snow predictions....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hate the snow but we need it. Forecast with change 80x before then though lol.

Screenshot_20221213-000553_TikTok.jpg
Screenshot_20221213-000557_TikTok.jpg

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im already getting emails about my flight to WY tomorrow morning. Theyre supposed to get 8-18" but I'm not complaining. If I delay my trip to next week, Ill be on well pads with a high of 2*F and 10-20mph winds. I choose snow.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't need snow, we need rain.

Actually, a really good snow can be great, mostly because as it melts, it goes into the ground slower instead of running off. When we were on the farm, we had one year when we had a late snow (April, I think) that was a few inches deep. After that snow, we never got another drop of rain all Spring and Summer, but our Milo (grain sorghum) crop that year was excellent, and it was all because of that one late snow.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, a really good snow can be great, mostly because as it melts, it goes into the ground slower instead of running off. When we were on the farm, we had one year when we had a late snow (April, I think) that was a few inches deep. After that snow, we never got another drop of rain all Spring and Summer, but our Milo (grain sorghum) crop that year was excellent, and it was all because of that one late snow.
Well, that may have helped that crop, that time, but we need rain to fill these lakes back up.
Snow doesn't pack enough volume of water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom