1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

14 Mossberg 500 That ISN’T NFA!

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by OkieDokie1982, Mar 3, 2012.

1. HiredHand

HiredHand Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I doubt it was hurting Remington but it's definitely a no brainer to offer it to the public. What I find interesting is the split between the folks that enjoy hacking the NFA regulations and the folks that think you should just pay the tax.

I also think it's been demonstrated that these tools are more than just a novelty.

2. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    How can these be sold through FFLs if not legal in the state? Not like that would stand up in court. Just asking. I can't walk out of a shop with an SBR or SBS without a lot of paperwork after waiting. Do they know something we don't? or are they just winging it?

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    MadDogs likes this.
  3. adamsredlines

adamsredlines Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    So these were also illegal in Texas until they passed a handy bill yesterday.
    Seems OK should follow suit.

Screenshot_20170601-080823.png

4. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That would definitely go a long way toward clearing up the confusion regarding OK's statutes where "sawed off shotguns" are concerned.

5. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It would also really be interesting to see who opposes it and tries to torpedo it. Buncha RINOs will probably lay low, the smarter ones at least.

6. AR Addict

AR Addict Marksman

Rating
    100%
    We definitely need a law like that here, whether or not the Shockwave is legal or not already! I'm afraid it won't happen though.

7. Chuckie

Chuckie Sharpshooter

My local gun store had several Mossberg 'Shockwave'(s) for sale recently and I was able to shoot one on their range. It is definitely fun to shoot and, with reduced recoil loads, not at all bad to handle [for an old guy like me]. Though it could be classed as a niche or novelty gun, I could see where it would excel as a HD weapon in close quarters (an apartment or RV) or as a truck or boat gun.
    As MadDogs and several other posters have commented, a laser sight would [significantly] aid in aiming, though I would tend to be wary of the 'Center Mass' laser which doesn't seem to hold up to recoil well (according to the majority of user comments that I've read).
    I wish our legislature would address the legality of this 'firearm', but I guess if wishes were horses, we would all own a herd!

8. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I know an Individual who just ordered one and purchased it through an FFL here in OKC. Sounds like they are good to go as far as what I was told.

9. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    They should be GTG. However, we Oklahomans don't exactly have that in writing in the legal sense. As I've said before in this thread, technically an LEO or DA can create a stink for the owner of one of these Shockwaves if he/she wants to. Will they? Probably not, buuuuut.....

Honey Badger likes this.
  10. Chuckie

Chuckie Sharpshooter

I agree with you completely. All it would take is for one LEO having a bad day and one DA with dreams of becoming the next State Attorney General via aggressive prosecutions, to ruin ones whole day. Unfortunately, this 'firearms' State legal status will not be address anytime soon because our politicians seldom vote based on need, but rather on personal career enhancement or by which way the political winds blow at the time.

Shadowrider likes this.