1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

14 Mossberg 500 That ISN’T NFA!

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by OkieDokie1982, Mar 3, 2012.

1. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think the apparant lack of dealers willing to put their business on the line to sell them is telling enough. We have a lot of dealers on this site...is anyone carrying them and selling them without NFA/AOW status?

IIRC, part of the requirement is that the firearm can never have had a regular buttstock attached...if that's the case, is Mossberg making these with the raptor attached or is someone buying stock-less Mossberg receivers and installing the raptor?

2. BigDiezel

BigDiezel Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think our class 3 guys just dont want to mess with them.. That is my thought. Having to by a pistol gripped cruiser then having to put a 14" front end on it then they are left with 18" barrels.. And they still have to make money at the end of the day.. They may just tell ya, " just do an SBS while your at it ".

3. theonetrucheese

theonetrucheese Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    under 18" barrel without any kind of stamp... sounds like a good way to get atf trouble whether it is technically legal or not.

4. 10Seconds

10Seconds Sharpshooter

The money what got me on this too. I earlier posting that I would buy one, but the cost of doing it this way is a waste. The $200 stamp is actually cheaper when you add it up. I am still buying one of the grips to see how it feels though.

5. OKCShooter

OKCShooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Why chance it? I bought this from Tony Rumore at TROMIX and with the $5 AOW stamp it was $605

[Broken External Image]

6. 1fast8

1fast8 Sharpshooter

that is pretty cool,wait no thats REALLY cool.couple of ? is it sighted to shoot where the light shines and why is the watch in the pic

7. saltydecimator

saltydecimator Sharpshooter

half the price and no ppwk???? plus no 6 mo wait. if its legal for one its legal for all... and if its legal now and not in the future, boating accidents or gun shows....

8. OKCShooter

OKCShooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It is for CQB, and that light floods pretty well...It shoots about where the light is most focused.

The watch was for relative size (I initially took the pick with my phone for a friend and he wanted to be able to really tell how small it was)

9. firewire

firewire Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  10. 88gmchog

88gmchog Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    that my friend is just ____ awesome..... now I want one.