17 years ago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bill Mac

SMS:
I was in the USAF and moved to OKC after I joined the ranks of First Sergeants once again. Cartney McRaven was in my squadron before I joined the unit (32nd Combat Comm Sqdn if I remember right). The outgoing First sergeant told me of the harrowing days after the bombing. I was told that Cartney was actually at the court house filing her marriage license when the bomb went off. I was actually still stationed in Albuquerque, NM at the time of the bombing but I as everyone will not forget the announcement on the radio and a feeling of disbelief at the news.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I remember reading sometime last year that one of the people that had survived the bombing, died last year as a result of the complications of breathing in all that dust. I think they were changing the offical death toll to 169 IIRC.

I was in the first grade in the OKC public school system, we felt the school shaking and my mom came and picked me up. My dad was actually supposed to be at the Murrah building at the time, but luckily he overselpt and was just driving there at the time of the bombing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom