1911 .22 Semi Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this emCheap at $237.00ail from Sportsmans Guide and thought it was interesting and maybe some of you would enjoy. If I didn't have so many guns I'd buy one for fun.
88418-41fb1e00492be52887fd7855c21e8c85.jpg

Attachments

• spg_plinking_event_continues_803s2_links_email_v2_02.jpg
    spg_plinking_event_continues_803s2_links_email_v2_02.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 112

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one of these; I gussied it all up with a perfomance accuracy and reliability kit from www.cwaccessories.com and it was a darn fine little plinker. The finish on them was so bad, a new one became "battle-worn" quickly! I don't know if the finish on these is any better now, but after I got over it, I had fun changing the color after every range trip and cleaning, courtesy of Mr. Krylon. One week, I had a 1911-22 in OD Green, the next, Graphite Gray, and then I had Farm Implement Yellow, and Safety Orange. I think she was Matte Black when I sold or traded it off. You could swap out a lot of parts for regular old 1911 parts too, something along the lines of 80% as I best recall. Mine had a variety of 1911 parts in it too, almost everything that could be swapped out found it's way in that little plinker. And, it was not picky about ammo either. If you just want a plinker along the lines of something like this, you can't beat it. The pot metal slide got pretty chewed up at the slide lock notch, but I understand the new ones have a steel insert in there to alleviate the problem. Hard to beat at this price, and mags can be had for around $25 bucks too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom