1911 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys have a lot more skill than I, but please continue to post pictures of your progress and problems. I'm a 1911 fan. One day I'm going to do a 1911 project gun for fun.

tpounds

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not buy a kit. I have had to do a little fitting so far. Not bad yet. I went ahead and ordered the tool. Still waiting on it. Not too sure about tuning it.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool you're waiting on the plunger tube staking tool. I'm sure it's just me but I don't understand tuning a 1911. There is a lot of fitting but no tuning. Unless tuning is the word to use here. If your slide will travel on the frame completely from the front to the back without binding. And your barrel will lock up in the slides locking lugs and on the barrels feet then the pistol may run. Assuming the frame is assembled right with all the fire control parts, it should be OK. Now, if the barrels breach is fitted to the frame correctly, the rounds should slide up the frames ramp right into the barrel. And if you didn't have to cut the barrel hood too much to get the barrel to fit tube slide. You may not have to ream the barrel to set tube head space.

tpounds

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I am waiting on staking tool. I chamfered the holes a bit because I read that helps with fitting and gives the rubes a place to expand. As I get more together, I will keep you up on my progress and definitely ask questions!

Perilous Parker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
DSCN0034.JPG

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you. I struggled through and learned a lot. Will definitely try my hand again and hopefully get better

Glad to hear it. We’d like to hear more about how it came out and see some pics to go with it. Please, don’t stop here, finish this up for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: