1911 Truth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Let me tell you something. I spent 4yrs in the Marine Corps as a Grunt, and I have been to parts of South Carolina you've never heard of.

You have been to parts of South Carolina I don't want to hear of LOL!! FT.Bragg North Carolina Was the place to be!!! Army strong!!!!!

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
1f8a2493f811f0aa6520718b492bf6de.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 18,000+ Paratroopers and only a handful of women...………….. Ft Bragg sucks LOL

While I was stationed there in 86-87 it was a blast, unit I was in had a bunch of troops that wanted to be there!! Leadership was outstanding. Then I went to Germany and my world view on the Army went to ****!! Baby sitting a bunch of childish as grown men who joined for the college money was a freaking drag!!!

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I was stationed there in 86-87 it was a blast, unit I was in had a bunch of troops that wanted to be there!! Leadership was outstanding. Then I went to Germany and my world view on the Army went to ****!! Baby sitting a bunch of childish as grown men who joined for the college money was a freaking drag!!!
No boubt the training was good. But young Paratroopers like to chase tail now and then and Ft Bragg sucked for that. I was in Panama 86-91. Plenty of tail chasing to be had down there. Plus no cold weather and Ft Kobbe was a mile from the beach :mosh:

What Regiment was you with at Bragg?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in a headquarters battery attached to the 82nd! Light wheel vehicle mechanic. I operated a 5tn wrecker and was always out in the field when the 82nd was dropping vehicles and the air force was practicing combat drops !! Helped clean up a lot of trashed vehicles while there LOL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom