1973 Rem 700 243 please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bralph33

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who wants to sale me a Rem 700 243, walnut stock, w engraving, i dont think basket weaving, called something else. No scope or rings, 3diff flip ups and site at end, I wass told it was BDL because end of forearm is black. Remington said the serial # was def 1973, but thats all thy say...I saw the show about recall, dont care to hear about it, gunsmith showed me how to check if it was safe i\on one in his store...What would you pay for this gun is my ? Im an AR15 1911 Sig 220 glock21,30 guy, no nothing on prices on bolt action rifles, it is nice looking...aany comments accepted, sorry the only pic. I called remington co. i know its 1973, and this is id like to buy it, not get screwed, thats gen discussion right...thanks for all help

Attachments

• Logan and Ralph 645.jpg
    Logan and Ralph 645.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who wants to sale me a Rem 700 243, walnut stock, w engraving, i dont think basket weaving, called something else. No scope or rings, 3diff flip ups and site at end, I wass told it was BDL because end of forearm is black. Remington said the serial # was def 1973, but thats all thy say...I saw the show about recall, dont care to hear about it, gunsmith showed me how to check if it was safe i\on one in his store...What would you pay for this gun is my ? Im an AR15 1911 Sig 220 glock21,30 guy, no nothing on prices on bolt action rifles, it is nice looking...aany comments accepted, sorry the only pic

I payed $375 for my 1996 ADL in .270. I would say 350<$$<425 would be fair depending on condition.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, assuming this is strictly a "What's it worth?" question, and not an attempt at selling it in the wrong forum, I'd suggest posting focused and well lit pics of each side, the receiver, any damage or corrosion and the serial number (Fine to cover the last 3 digits with a scrap of tape). There's posters here that may reply with the year and exact model description, which will lead to a more accurate value.

And remember, there's a value, and a value that people will actually pay for an item. If you end up selling it, if it doesn't go within several days or a week, it's probably overpriced.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is the ribbon style stock. I am not sure what years it was ran but it came along in the late 60's and ran thru the mid 70's I think. It depends on if it is something you want? slugger is pretty close on the price. If it was in perfect shape you might could get $450 for it in another couple of months.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ribbon checkered BDL models are kind of like the early Ruger 77 rifles with red pad & tang safety - criticized during their production period and now bringing a premium. A lot of shooters didn't like the 700's pressed checkering and glossy finish; the checkering is non-functional because the points go in instead of out and when covered by the glossy finish provides no grip. With that said - my favorite rifle is just like this one except it is 1969 production in .22-250. As far as value I feel like the .243 is probably worth more than a long-action version in .30-06 or .270. I would definitely pay $375 for it if it is in nice condition.

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom