1980 Browning HP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Such nice guns... Were you ever able to get all the drool off of it?

On a side note, can the trigger be improved over stock on the HiPowers?

Yep drool's all gone!!LOL. As to refining the trigger, you have to remove the magazine disconnect safety, not that the gun really needs it, but then again you are disabling one of its safety features, no mine's not disabled.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The original High Power had the mag safety in the original design. The original design was based on the requirments for French military service pistol trails in the 1920's. FN commissioned John Browning to design a pistol to meet the French criteria, but they never adopted it. Belgium was the 1st to adopt it in 1935, hence P-35.
If I had one for self defense it would have the mag safety disconnected. A HP with the mag safety disconnected and no mag is a single shot pistol. A HP with the mag safety intact and no mag is a club.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As promised, sorry for the bad pictures. According to the Blue Book only 11,609 of these were made between 1980-85.[Broken External Image][Broken External Image]

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be glad to let you make a little money off of me right now, then we'd both be happy! Looks like you made a good deal. Good for you.

I've not had a HP, but it is high on my list to fill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom