$20 an hour in Tulsa area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to leave my current job & need to try and make a better living & thinking I'll probably have to drive to the Tulsa area I'd need to make $20 or better an hour to make it work

I welded right out of highschool but that was 1996 so doubt I could pass a test these days without some serious practice. I have a class A CDL with every endorsement except hazmat and I've had it before. I honestly suck at pulling a trailer so I'd be best to stick to class b driving. My wife has some serious health issues or I'd go over the road but I can't leave her alone

Anywhere a guy can make that much starting out in the Tulsa area or am I sol?

Thanks in advance for your help if you have any suggestions

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plenty of jobs in construction should get ya $20hr, if you’re skilled. Call every weld up steel building company in the area! Usually they stay busy and always need welders.

You’d need to be able to climb ladders and deal with the physical toll

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plenty of jobs in construction should get ya $20hr, if you’re skilled. Call every weld up steel building company in the area! Usually they stay busy and always need welders.

You’d need to be able to climb ladders and deal with the physical toll
I've spent the better part of life in the oilfield unfortunately so I'm not to skilled at much outside of that world, I'm not afraid to learn something new however. I've been looking online in the Tulsa area just figured somebody might know of a specific place I'd missed.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to those who have replied so far I really appreciate it.

I'm north of Tulsa so Prague is quite a bit out of my area but thanks for the lead anyway it is appreciated

Latest posts

Top Bottom