2009 Archery kills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job all!!!

Gator, those stingers have some amazing durability and penetration. If the head was ruined send it back to magnus and they'll replace it. Glad you got out of the stand ok. Be careful up there and wear that safety harness.

Gator

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job all!!!

Gator, those stingers have some amazing durability and penetration. If the head was ruined send it back to magnus and they'll replace it. Glad you got out of the stand ok. Be careful up there and wear that safety harness.

I'm a Magnus user for life!!! They are some wicked baldes, for sure. I always keep mine and when I get three "bad" ones, I send them in. I got to talk to the "tester" for Magnus several years ago, and the help he gave me witha project, and their customer service, I'm hooked for life.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot this doe friday morning. Seen several does thursday and friday. Saw a couple of young bucks, one 3 point that i drove crazy with a primos can call and a Nice little 2 year old 8 point gonna be a monster if he gets the chance to grow. She wasn't the biggest in the group but murphy was running rampant with me friday morning and I am lucky to have gotten a shot off at all. She was quartering away pretty hard at 32 yards.

Entry wound

[Broken External Image]

Entry and exit together

[Broken External Image]

Basically the thunder head went in and slid down the rib cage and came out the neck cutting the arteries and trachea. She ran about 70 yards up hill before expiring.

ai243.photobucket.com_albums_ff128_PharmD_ok_Deer2009_1.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was sitting in my favorite stand the other morning about 9:30 and hadn't seen a thing. Reach into my pack for a granola bar, and am halfway through it when I see 2 deer ghosting through the trees heading right for me down this little saddle on the top of the ridge where my stand is.

I just had time to clip on my release and come to full draw when the lead doe came into a shooting lane. She was the biggest, so I shifted the granola bar to the other side of my mouth so I could anchor, stopped her with a "mehh" and released. She made about 3 steps and went down. Montec G5 head.
I sat back down and finished my granola bar.:thumb:

Seeing a lot of deer. Movement is good midday right now too. I passed 2 small bucks that came right underneath me this morning.

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_3e16afbc.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom