2010 Crappie Spawn Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I know it is probably a little early yet...but does any one have any water temp reports, signs of staging or predictions for this years Spawn?

Once people start catching fish, please post up fishing reports and pics!

What I heard today was from Lake Hudson: White Bass are not yet up in the river or below the dam. The Spoonbill may be just starting...and not a damn bite on minnows fishing for crappie under a baited dock in ~25ft of water suspended at different depths.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Up in the northern part of the state, but crappie and sandies were working up to the 8-10 foot level and staging to come in the creeks, but with this cold snap that looks to be a week long, its going to be another two weeks before anything happens around here.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fished Kiamichi above Hugo today. Caught 58 crappie, 25 keepers. They were in the main channel of the river in 25 ft of water, suspended at 8-10 feet. I finally got to be "that guy" today. Everyone around were jigging with little luck. I busted out minnows on four poles and i hardly sat down for two hours. Great day on the water. Bite was over around 11. Big ones hit early, then mostly dinks.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fished Kiamichi above Hugo today. Caught 58 crappie, 25 keepers. They were in the main channel of the river in 25 ft of water, suspended at 8-10 feet. I finally got to be "that guy" today. Everyone around were jigging with little luck. I busted out minnows on four poles and i hardly sat down for two hours. Great day on the water. Bite was over around 11. Big ones hit early, then mostly dinks.

That is awesome!

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah they are hard core, its funny because they are women and you usually dnt think of them the same a man . but let me tell you they dont mess around when its time to load the boat up and go

Latest posts

Top Bottom