2012 Sheds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saturday was a beautiful day for riding, nice and cool, so I loaded up and went shed hunting. Didn't find anything spectacular, but I came up with 12. My buddy only found 1, but it was a big nice thick 5 point... happened to be right by my tire when he spotted it. Half of the 12 that I found were fresh, so they are definitely dropping.

questmhsa.com_r00s7a_1_23_12.jpg

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice! You found more in one day than I have found over the last two years, I walked my tail off last year looking and found squat, nada, zero, and only 3 the year before that. I put out some corn under a log and in some thick stuff just to see if I could get one or two knocked off in the process, we shall see. I am uncomfortable with putting out corn in a shed trap, as I don't get out there everyday and I would be a little worried I had one tangled up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shed hunting is a lot more fun from an ATV.

the same techniques apply to walking or ATV.

Find a game trail that is near brush, trees, creek crossings, or barbed wire fences where they jump and follow it.I posted pics of the ones we found last season. Its still a little early for the northern part of the state. won't be long though.

There are some sites on the net that show how to build a shed trap. Pretty easy.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
friend of mine in texas say they use dogs that are trained to find deer sheds, and they find a ton during the year. will have to get a pic of what he sent me last year, it was crazy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom