2019 World's Series Houston Astros and Washington Nationals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your prediction for the 2019 Baseball World's Series and why?

• Astros

• Nationals

• Don't care, hate baseball

• Don't care, hate sports

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up a huge Yankees fan, mostly because of Micky Mantle. This was back in the day when TV showed THE game of the week, with Pee Wee and Diz. Larson, Berra, Ford, Stengel, Howard, etc.were like super heroes for me. But, when the AL went to the designated hitter, I pretty much "quit" the AL. I switched to the Reds, with Bench, Morgan, Perez, Rose, etc.

After the "strike" I mostly gave up on MLB and now only get interested in the play-offs. Still am not a fan of the DH, so I'm usually hope the NL will win.
Exactly! The strike did it for me. I remember watching the series in high school during history and study hall.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs fan. Love the old ball parks(should have never torn down Yankees Stadum!!!) lol. Predicting the Nationals take this series......................still have distant hopes that they'll let Rose in the HOF too :)

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up a huge Yankees fan, mostly because of Micky Mantle.

CorpsVet (and other Mantle fans) thought you might enjoy these pics.

My wife grew up in Commerce and knew Mickey since the day she was born.
Her family and the Mantles we're close friends....the stories she can tell about Mickey.

First pics are of a banquet Commerce school and the Lions club gave in Mickeys honor on 10/17/52

Last pic is of a farewell party guest list my wife's parents gave Mickey when he went off to the big leagues in 1953.

20191023_102539.jpg
20191023_102556.jpg
20191023_102605.jpg
20191023_102723.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom