2020 Bat Quarter, D.C. is version most collectible

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So after running out of states and territories the U.S. Guv decided to issue quarters for every National Park, National Monument, National Battlefield and National Hole in the Wall they can think of.
In early 2020, before the pandemic formerly known as the Chinese Virus or the Wuhan Flu really got going in the U.S., they issued a quarter for American Samoa National Park, featuring on the back of the coin a mama bat and her baby bat.
The coins had a small letter on the front to show where made, with "P" and "D" for Philly and Denver mints respectively.
But coin collectors say fewer of the bat quarters were made with "W" for Washington, D.C. and those are already selling for a premium.
Link to auction on Ebay (I have no interest in the company or this sale offer):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-W-Sam...v=DefaultOrganic&_trksid=p2047675.c101224.m-1

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having collected a few coins; I feel pretty confident in putting the value of that particular circulated coin at 25¢.

Some might be willing to pay more. The high that a select few might be willing to pay (economic value) does not equate to market value. One must be careful when declaring the value of any particular asset.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Washington people are kinda sadistic like that. Putting a bat coin out to commemorate the Bat Virus. If I did'nt know better I would thing they are rubbing my face in it.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smart people just buy the mint or proof set.

RIP.... EBay secondary market. They just raised silver proof sets this year to $105 a set which has about 2 oz. of silver. The bat special mint was $149.95 (new ones $229). They killed the golden goose way too many products at stupid prices. I brought the 5 ounce silver for $105 in January 2020 it looks awesome at that size, these are more than likely around $175 in the bullion version.

you want regular proof sets let me know they’re dirt cheep. I give them away to kids for their birth year sets, Most in the 80,s won’t bring $10.

Last edited:

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
07286915-576A-4E53-9CD0-048C18F43E46.jpeg
They look sweet at 3 inches and 5 oz of silver IMO. The bat is the bullion version and the mints Collectors version
07286915-576A-4E53-9CD0-048C18F43E46.jpeg
the war in the pacific.

Latest posts

Top Bottom